Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for Kossel 800 Assembly instructions

Posted by J.A.C. 
Looking for Kossel 800 Assembly instructions
April 16, 2015 08:33AM
Hi you all, I got me this Kossel 800 3D printer and the vendor has not sent me the instructions for it.

I fond many things for the Kossel mini, but if anyone have something for this Kossel 800, that be greatly helpful (I do not care in what language it is, images + google translate should be just enough to get me started)

Thank you for the help ^_^

(ps: started to assemble info as I go on the machine, once I am done, I will make at lest a blog/assemble/review of the machine, right now I am posting the Info Here! )
Re: Looking for Kossel 800 Assembly instructions
April 16, 2015 05:57PM
Hello JAC.

I am not at home so I can't give some really good pictures. I also wanted to make an instruction but I realised that 75% of all the instructions are in this PDF document:

[blomker.com]

The only differences are:

1) You need to superglue the magnets to the various bases. Be careful with the magnets. They are very fragile.

2) You need to glue the threaded rod to the carbon rod

3) You need to use thread-sealent (or just glue) for the steel ball to the threaded rod

4) The carriages (the ones moving up and down) should be self explanatory.

5) The z-probe should look something like the photo below - In my photo it is not finally installed. You get a small spring from a safety pen that you can use to push the allan key. Eventually I put a longer bolt with some spacers to make it work better and - More importantly - I installed a small guide for the allan key so that it pushes down at the right spot. It is important it always pushes the same spot.

6) The fan you can connect like I show in the below photo. Simply use the magnets to have it suspended - The steel nuts not included.

Photos:

In this carriage it is missing a screw in the top which is used to easier adjust the endstops.

This is just stuff I had laying on my desktops which seemed relevant. I only include the crash because it is the only I have of it in operation - This crash was a software error and I actually think it is good that it crashes by disconnecting the magnets rather then just keep pushing on the motors - And it happens very, very rarely.

Also look at thingsverse:
[www.thingiverse.com]

Let me know if there is anything specific that you have doubts about. Getting the Z probe to work reliably is probably the only really difficult part.
July 24, 2015 10:04PM
Thanks for this, I too didn't get instructions. These things will help!
July 25, 2015 08:11AM
I should add that the lowest picture with the magnetic rods disconnecting is not a software error. I misinterpreted it as software problems at that time.

I do now believe it is either the magnets which are not strong enough or - and more likely - a fundamental design error. See: [forums.reprap.org]

The problems with the magnetic rods have been a showstopper for my use of the printer. I simply cannot trust it to print anything big because of the occasional (far from always) disconnecting magnets. But you should be able to build it and print many things - After all I did manage to print all the parts for my new printer - It just took some time and a lot of discarded parts.

At least the best thing is that it is really easy to build. It should not take you more then a day if you apply your self - And you should probably look at it like that - A fun experience to build and make a small sculpture or something.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2015 08:48AM by LarsK.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login