Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extrusion Problems

Posted by andychang28 
Extrusion Problems
April 16, 2015 09:58PM
Success! Well, kind of.
After weeks of tinkering, I've finally gotten my Rostock Mini Pro from 3DPrinterCzar to print something. I printed a 1x1x5 cm rectangular prism, and it came out quite well except for minor issues with the first layer not sticking. However, one of the big problems is that the extruder motor is practically not moving at all while printing perimeters, and even during the infills it seems extremely slow. Any help?
Re: Extrusion Problems
April 16, 2015 10:37PM
P.S. I seem to have my delta_radius settings off. I have a severe bowling effect in which the hotend rises around two or three millimeters near the edges of the bed. Therefore, I can only print small objects.
April 17, 2015 05:25AM
andychang28
P.S. I seem to have my delta_radius settings off. I have a severe bowling effect in which the hotend rises around two or three millimeters near the edges of the bed. Therefore, I can only print small objects.

Check that you have the diagonal rod length configured correctly in the firmware. Then try increasing the delta radius firmware setting by 2.2 times the excess height at the edges. Iterate as required.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 23, 2015 09:02PM
Thanks dc42, diagonal rod length worked this time. Anyways, I be running into some issues where the scale on my x/y axis is too small. However, the z axis is fine, so if i change the steps_per_mm, the z axis will be scaled too large. Kinda annoying when i'm trying to print precise objects.
By the way, I managed to create one of the most peculiar jams i have seen in a long time. The filament somehow spiraled between the end of the bowden tube and the hotend, giving it a hilarious look. ^u^
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login