Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What just happened to my Mini Kossel SW?

Posted by Eddy 
What just happened to my Mini Kossel SW?
April 21, 2015 11:58AM
My Mini Kossel was working just fine.
Today, I decided to change the Z-probes' distance to nozzle by a 10th of a mm, so went straight ahead and did that before I connected to the printer.

It failed to upload (I only changed a number from 5 to six, did not swap a comma with a dot or vice versa).
I did a general troubleshooting, which told me the right Arduino board must be chosen. Hmmm, haven't had to to that before?? So I changed the Arduino board in tools --> board, and while I was at it, I realized I had to change to COM3 in port too.

Now it does upload, but it behaves really strange! Suddenly, in the midst of auto-levelling, it speeds up 3x or so, and starts to miss the print bed among other things.

I let it finish once, to see if maybe it would start printing normal after all, but no such thing; it goes up and down and does strange circles and stuff.

Does anyone know what I might have done?

Thanks,
Edward
Re: What just happened to my Mini Kossel SW?
April 21, 2015 12:38PM
April 21, 2015 12:53PM
New discovery; it is only the probing that has issues. I tried fooling around with x, y and y axes manually in pronterface and they all worked the way they should. Also; I am now printing a nice print without autolevelling.

What sort of stupid thing have I done while in Marlin??
April 23, 2015 05:13AM
It happened to me a lot of times before.

The probe microswitch is not working properly. Either it has a loose connection somewhere or the probe allen key is getting stuck and not hitting the switch reliably. Check your Zmin status using M119
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login