Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fitting a E3D hotend in the mini kossel effector ?

Posted by Lerathel 
Fitting a E3D hotend in the mini kossel effector ?
April 22, 2015 07:10PM
I'm not sure what to do here, the effector hole is at least 2 time smaller then the black push fit connector, and if I enlarge the hole and screw it trought the effector, the push-fit wont be shrewd correctly in the heat sink.
and the height is to high for the allan key go below the nozzle.(autolevel switch)

Should I hollow the center of the effector completely and fit the top of the heat sink into the effector then screw the effector to the round aluminum plate I added to the heatsink ? Then juste screw the push fit connector in the heat sink on the top of the effector.

Does this make sense ? Any other suggestions ?
This is my first 3D printer so I cannot print other parts.

Check the attached picture for reference.
This is a clone E3D v6 in case this change anything.

Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2015 11:50PM by Lerathel.
Attachments:
open | download - 20150422_181346.jpg (303.4 KB)
open | download - 20150422_182441.jpg (273.7 KB)
Re: Fitting a E3D hotend in the mini kossel effector ?
April 23, 2015 03:44AM
The Mini Kossel kit from Think3DPrint3D uses an E3D hot end, so you may get some ideas from their build instructions here [docs.google.com].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2015 05:10PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 23, 2015 04:04PM
Thanks, since I don't have another 3d printer (and people in my town don't even know 3d printer exist) I cant print another part. and if I fit drill my effector to make it fit like I explained my autolevel switch will still be too short.

I'm kind of stuck. Will try to find something longer then the long 1.5 mm hex key.
April 23, 2015 05:12PM
Lerathel
Thanks, since I don't have another 3d printer (and people in my town don't even know 3d printer exist) I cant print another part. and if I fit drill my effector to make it fit like I explained my autolevel switch will still be too short.

You could always ask on this forum if someone local to you will print a part for you; or failing that, ask for a quote on 3dhubs.com.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 23, 2015 08:43PM
Thanks, I found people 50 mile and up from me( wich is good), 15$ to 95$ just for a pla effector trough, ouch !

Nice site I love the concept !

I think I will have to go without the autolevel probe for now, and print replacement part myself later. (if manual calibration goes well tongue sticking out smiley)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2015 01:59AM by Lerathel.
May 02, 2015 06:20AM
I see it's a china clone just like mine.

It is safe to hollow out the center of the effector up to the diameter of the mounting end of the hot-end because the aluminum plate with its U-shape, will lock your hot-end securely. You can then connect the push-fit directly to the hot end.

Just print a custom effector afterwards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2015 06:26AM by boksbox.
May 02, 2015 06:44AM
Lerathel

I'm kind of stuck. Will try to find something longer then the long 1.5 mm hex key.

I used a bicycle spoke. Bent it nice and square and cut it to length. Go to your local bike shop and get a piece with around 1.5mm diameter thickness.
May 03, 2015 11:45PM
Thanks for the bicycle spoke idea, I will buy one tomorrow !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2015 11:46PM by Lerathel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login