Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extrusion problem maybe?

Posted by Planma 
Extrusion problem maybe?
April 27, 2015 10:52AM
Hello

I have a Rostock Mini. But I have a problem with my extruder. The fillament goes to hot extruder very hard. I cant push it by myself. Sometimes my motor can push it by itself and sometimes it cant. Does it have to be like that (a lot of force to push it in to the extruder) ??
I printed with PLA and also have added a fan to extruder.

Thank you
Re: Extrusion problem maybe?
April 27, 2015 12:35PM
Have you tried cleaning the nozzle?
April 27, 2015 01:26PM
Sounds like either the nozzle is blocked, or the temperature is too low. What nozzle temperature are you using? Are you sure you have the correct hot end thermistor parameters in the firmware?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 28, 2015 01:19PM
My print temperatires are 235C . But i am not sure, that I have correct thermistor temps. I will try to play with them
April 28, 2015 07:39PM
235C is too hot for PLA. If the nozzle really is at 235C, the PLA might burn or otherwise degrade and block the nozzle. Or you may have the wrong thermistor parameters set, and the nozzle is too cool. 180C to 195C is about right for the PLA filaments I use.

A good way to check the nozzle temperature is to use a multimeter with a thermocouple probe. You can feed the thermocouple into the nozzle in place of the filament.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login