Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Alien Z Probe with auto deploy and retract

Posted by Jochemczyk_&_Ward 
Alien Z Probe with auto deploy and retract
May 13, 2015 08:51AM
Hi Guys thought you might be interested in this z probe we have come up with we made it for the mini kossel from (think3dprint) it would fit other delta printers with a bit of adjustment.

[www.youmagine.com]

[www.thingiverse.com]

If you need it to be adjusted to fit your delta give us the dimensions and we will make the changes for you.
Attachments:
open | download - Alien Z Probe.JPG (227.4 KB)
Re: Alien Z Probe with auto deploy and retract
May 13, 2015 03:30PM
Very cool!
I might just build this, looks fun for my delta. Any wiring diagrams? (I am going to check the video out tonight maybe you explain how its wired/works with electronics)
May 13, 2015 03:42PM
If you already have a z probe then all you need to do is connect to the existing wires. You may need to change settings as this probe is closed circuit and contact with the bed makes open circuit but thats just a true/false in config h.

If you don't already have a probe it is still no trouble, just let me know what board you have and I'll put some instructions up later.
May 13, 2015 04:20PM
I have a Smoothie board. I currently do not have a Zprobe, but going to building one soon, have not picked one yet. I was wondering how you retract/deploy the probe? (Like voltage/current)
Also how the sensor works, from what I getting at it is just on off.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2015 04:21PM by mikes3ds.
May 13, 2015 05:58PM
Deploying the probe is part of the movement routine. The lever at the rear is moved by the post and the probe releases from the magnet. After probing the effector lowers over the retraction post, lifting the probe which is retained by the magnet. It should make sense when you watch the video.

The switch is a simple on/off affair. Contact is broken when the probe is lifted by the bed. It is very sensitive, the lifting of the probe cannot be seen by eye even at low speeds.
May 15, 2015 09:35PM
Very clever design!
May 18, 2015 06:07PM
Thanks very muchsmiling smiley
August 20, 2015 09:46PM
Congratulations... Greate design... Im gonna start buildin a kossel with metal corners and effector... This prove can work with e3d v5 hotend?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login