Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fast delta auto calibration using differential IR Z probe

Posted by dc42 
Fast delta auto calibration using differential IR Z probe
June 01, 2015 08:33AM
I have been asked a few times to do a video showing delta printer calibration using my fast auto-calibration algorithm, and also to show my mini differential IR Z probe. So you can now see a video that demonstrates both at [youtu.be].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Fast delta auto calibration using differential IR Z probe
June 07, 2015 09:29AM
Nice and swift smiling smiley

Is the black paint under your glass necessary for the IR (to catch only the top surface reflection perhaps)?
June 07, 2015 11:54AM
Yes. The reflection from the uncoated top surface of the glass is quite weak, and without the black paint, the strong reflection from the aluminium underneath would affect the sensor too much.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

June 10, 2015 06:11AM
I will shortly be making a new batch of mini IR sensors. See [forums.reprap.org] for prices and ordering instructions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login