Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ebay SINTRON Kossel Mini full kit

Posted by Miamicraft 
gkr
Re: Ebay SINTRON Kossel Mini full kit
December 22, 2015 06:38PM
Hello All,
This has been a great forum, and I have learned a lot here over the past week or so during the course of my Kossel build (especially during the tuning and calibration process).

Built the printer entirely using the parts that Sintron shipped in the box (besides the fan-shroud, which I printed on my other 3D printer, as the Sintron design was coming in the way of one pair of diagonal rod-ends).

Also, the heated-bed is not turned up yet. I'm just printing with PLA on blue-tape.

It took me about a week tweaking the Marlin and Slic3r 1.1.7 configs, to get it to this stage. I've attached them, just in case it is useful and helps others during their build.

Thanks again to everyone for sharing their valuable knowledge and experience.

Best Regards.
Attachments:
open | download - calibration_parts.jpg (401.2 KB)
open | download - Final_Kossel_Build_1.jpg (507.8 KB)
open | download - GK_Marlin_Configuration_H_updated_122215.h (32.4 KB)
open | download - GK_Sintron_Kossel_Slic3r1.1.7_updated_122115_Config.ini (3.3 KB)
December 23, 2015 01:17PM
gkr
Hello All,
This has been a great forum, and I have learned a lot here over the past week or so during the course of my Kossel build (especially during the tuning and calibration process).

Built the printer entirely using the parts that Sintron shipped in the box (besides the fan-shroud, which I printed on my other 3D printer, as the Sintron design was coming in the way of one pair of diagonal rod-ends).

Also, the heated-bed is not turned up yet. I'm just printing with PLA on blue-tape.

It took me about a week tweaking the Marlin and Slic3r 1.1.7 configs, to get it to this stage. I've attached them, just in case it is useful and helps others during their build.

Best Regards.
Your calibration parts look amazing. I still have issues with those. Also your qbert looking thing is amazing. I cant print like that yet and ive been working on my kossel for months. Of course i upgraded to a duet0.6 which changes everything.
gkr
December 24, 2015 07:19PM
Hello DRTak,

Thank you.

The "qbert" thing you were talking about is this:

[www.thingiverse.com]

Since I built my first 3D printer (A PrintrBot Simple 2014), I have used the above design to calibrate all of my 3D printers, and I have had good success (at least as an initial starting point). And the Delta printers are a whole different beast!!

I'm nowhere being anywhere near perfect with my Sintron Kossel yet, but thanks to the great input from so many folks(including yourself) in this forum, I was able to get it this stage. I wish I had read through all of the posts in this forum, prior to actually building the printer. But I guess, I was too excited to get rolling, as soon as I received my shipment from amazon.

So, I did the best that I could with the Sintron Instructions, this instructables link (http://www.instructables.com/id/Detailled-Assembly-Instructions-of-the-Rostock-Min/?ALLSTEPS), and finally (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sq7KXXztQ9ydOgSzYxcaZTVzqU-IhXHYLTILHpk-EoM/pub).

None of the instructions were ever complete for the Sintron Build itself, but I did the best I could, not trying to over-think or over-engineer anything. My thinking was that, if a make a mistake during the build, or if things don't work out perfectly right the first time, it can always be fixed, since I knew how I'd gone about building it the way it was, in the first place.

That's the fun and cool thing about these mysterious kits from vendors, who have far from perfect kits, with insufficient documentation and where a lot of things are kind of left to one's imagination.

Attached is a picture of my new print from today, and I'm quite pleased with the results.

Here's the link:

[www.thingiverse.com]

Merry Xmas.

Regards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2015 07:38PM by gkr.
Attachments:
open | download - Empire_State_print_reduced.jpg (495 KB)
December 25, 2015 05:08PM
gkr
Hello All,

Best Regards.
Whqt firmware goes with your config file?
gkr
December 25, 2015 06:27PM
Hello,
I am using the Marlin firmware that Sintron provided. I then made the modifications to the configuration.h file, as attached above. There is a link to it in one of the older pages in this thread.

Let me know if you can't find it, I can dig through my e-mail exchanges with Sintron and provide you the DropBox link.

As far as the Slic3r 1.1.7 config goes, I configured that myself (by trial and error). I had some basic experience with Slic3r, when I used it with my older PrintrBot.

Regards.
December 27, 2015 09:35PM
gkr
Hello DRTak,

Thank you.

The "qbert" thing you were talking about is this:

[www.thingiverse.com]

Since I built my first 3D printer (A PrintrBot Simple 2014), I have used the above design to calibrate all of my 3D printers, and I have had good success (at least as an initial starting point). And the Delta printers are a whole different beast!!

I'm nowhere being anywhere near perfect with my Sintron Kossel yet, but thanks to the great input from so many folks(including yourself) in this forum, I was able to get it this stage. I wish I had read through all of the posts in this forum, prior to actually building the printer. But I guess, I was too excited to get rolling, as soon as I received my shipment from amazon.

So, I did the best that I could with the Sintron Instructions, this instructables link (http://www.instructables.com/id/Detailled-Assembly-Instructions-of-the-Rostock-Min/?ALLSTEPS), and finally (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sq7KXXztQ9ydOgSzYxcaZTVzqU-IhXHYLTILHpk-EoM/pub).

None of the instructions were ever complete for the Sintron Build itself, but I did the best I could, not trying to over-think or over-engineer anything. My thinking was that, if a make a mistake during the build, or if things don't work out perfectly right the first time, it can always be fixed, since I knew how I'd gone about building it the way it was, in the first place.

That's the fun and cool thing about these mysterious kits from vendors, who have far from perfect kits, with insufficient documentation and where a lot of things are kind of left to one's imagination.

Attached is a picture of my new print from today, and I'm quite pleased with the results.

Here's the link:

[www.thingiverse.com]

Merry Xmas.

Regards.

Again. Better than anything that I have printed so far. Still waiting for my parts to arrive from china. Then I can fix my carriages and try printing again.

Until then I have prettied up the machine. I tucked all the wires away. Zip tied all cables that needed to be cleaned up. Made the Duet and Duex and panel due on top of the machine. The spool feeder, extruder, and cabling are now on top and feed the hotened from above (not from the side like before). I also painted the bed black. Bought borosilicate glass plate. Bought a 3 prong power outlet attachement to my power supply. Now I can detach the power cable from the power supply unit. I can also quick detach the power cable going from the power supply to the duet. The power supply also has a built in 250v 10A fuse and on/off switch. Hardwired a USB cable into the Kossel. Hardwired CAT 5 to the machine. Only issue is I have 3 feet of USB extending out and about 10 feet of CAT 5 that I will have to wind if I want to move the unit.

Couldnt wait for the parts from China so I crazy glued the carriages 2 times but they broke after I tried to tighten them to the Kossel 2 times. So again, I wait.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2015 04:38PM by DRTak.
gkr
December 29, 2015 05:41PM
Hello DRTak,

Are you based in the US?

And are you looking for the parts attached in the picture?

I have one set ready printed on my other 3D printer (as seen in the picture).

Finally, how many do you need? If you are in the US, I can probably print a couple of them and mail them to you via USPS.

Not sure if that would help you get back on track, any faster.

Please let me know.

Best Regards.
Attachments:
open | download - Sintron_Kossel_Carriage_Parts.jpg (255.4 KB)
December 31, 2015 02:00PM
gkr
Hello DRTak,

Are you based in the US?

And are you looking for the parts attached in the picture?

I have one set ready printed on my other 3D printer (as seen in the picture).

Finally, how many do you need? If you are in the US, I can probably print a couple of them and mail them to you via USPS.

Not sure if that would help you get back on track, any faster.

Please let me know.

Best Regards.

Hey thanks. According to tracking it says that my china part is in Chicago right now? So I should be getting it soon. I live in the USA. I hope it fixes my issue.
gkr
December 31, 2015 05:34PM
Hello DRTak,

No worries.

Regards.
gkr
December 31, 2015 05:39PM
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone please measure the resistance between pad-1 and pads 2+3 on the Aluminum Heated print-bed, and let me know?

I have measured mine, and it appears to show a resistance of about 2.5ohms.

Wanted to compare with others and see if its comparable.

Thank you very much in advance.

Happy New Year!!

Regards.
December 31, 2015 05:41PM
Same. 2.5 ohm
gkr
December 31, 2015 05:52PM
Thank you, Tha Reaper.

Your quick response is much appreciated.

Regards.
January 01, 2016 02:41PM
I have infinite time to test my system but not really print right now. I noticed that the duet 0.6 heats the hotend and heat bed 2x faster than the RAMPS combo.
January 02, 2016 11:31AM
I've changed some things on my printer...

1: 20 amp PSU instead of the stock 10 amps one.
2: I've added a SSR to power my headbed. works fine, except that it struggles to hold a temperature above 97 degrees. especially when the nozzle is printing the first layer and the nozzle fan is creating a bit of draft over the bed, Thermal Runway protection kicks in. Ive also noticed the SSR to get really hot (150 degrees C), so i have a fan blowing on it at all times for the moment untill i can design a case with a build in fan for it.and added heatsinks to the bottom.

Things to do now i can print ABS:
1: print a fan shroud.
2: print this new effector.

a question: the Hotend that we have is a E3D v6 clone right? i cant find it anywhere in the sintron page and i want to order some spare nozzles (0.3 mm and 0.4). I want to know for sure that i order the right ones.
January 02, 2016 07:56PM
All of my research says its an E3D v6 clone. But I cant prove it. The only test I had was when I printed an E3D fan shround and it fit perfectly. I also need a new nozzle. Mine got rammed into the heatbed. I used a needle to open the nozzle hole. But I think I made it at least .5mm now instead of stock .4mm.
January 03, 2016 03:45AM
AFAIK, you can buy any "hexagon" M6 nozzle.
Just make sure, the heat-barrier tube and the nozzle meet while tightening the nozzle. Don't tighten the nozzle against the heater block.
-Olaf
January 03, 2016 12:25PM
DRTak
... The only test I had was when I printed an E3D fan shround and it fit perfectly.
That's funny ... I just printed the fan shroud myself and it didn't fit. Too loose. At least 2mm play
The fins have a diameter of 19.6mm while the shroud is made for 22mm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2016 12:48PM by Tha_Reaper.
January 03, 2016 02:19PM
The same is for me. It more looks like that the hot-end is e3e v5 clone rather than v6.
January 03, 2016 03:11PM
GrAndAG
The same is for me. It more looks like that the hot-end is e3e v5 clone rather than v6.

As I have replaced it with e3dv6 hotend I had, I can tell you it's not the same. E3Dv6 heatsink is way wider. You can't use z-probe where it is in sintron's effector with e3dv6, for instance.
January 04, 2016 06:55AM
Hello, can anyone link me to or upload a copy of Sintrons carriage .stl files? All of mine have cracked and are hanging on by threads sad smiley
January 04, 2016 07:09AM
ohfurryone
Hello, can anyone link me to or upload a copy of Sintrons carriage .stl files? All of mine have cracked and are hanging on by threads sad smiley
IIRC you can find those on page 4 or lower of this thread
January 04, 2016 07:12AM
Tha_Reaper
ohfurryone
IIRC you can find those on page 4 or lower of this thread

Yup, I did post files sent by sintron in this thread. Also someone linked to the thingiverse carriage for the other part.
gkr
January 04, 2016 08:42AM
Hi ohfurryone,

I have attached the requested Carriage STL files.

Regards.
Attachments:
open | download - Sintron_Kossel_carriage_STL.zip (41.9 KB)
January 04, 2016 03:36PM
On the E3D v5 vs V6 clone debate for the fan shroud... it seems like its neither.
My sintron clone has a heatsink of 18,6mm diameter. The V6 has 22 mm, the V5 has a whooping 25mm heatsink.
so... not a single heatsink on thingiverse will fit this clone it seem, and i'm afraid that i'm far from skilled enough to design my own.
January 04, 2016 04:32PM
Tha_Reaper
On the E3D v5 vs V6 clone debate for the fan shroud... it seems like its neither.
My sintron clone has a heatsink of 18,6mm diameter. The V6 has 22 mm, the V5 has a whooping 25mm heatsink.
so... not a single heatsink on thingiverse will fit this clone it seem, and i'm afraid that i'm far from skilled enough to deswhat ign my own.

What type of shroud are you looking for?
There are a few basic 30mm and 40mm shrouds Customizer On thingivers.
January 04, 2016 04:53PM
Take the basic v6 duct 30mm... But then suitable for my heatsink
gkr
January 04, 2016 05:51PM
Yes, I had printed the fan-duct from the e3d design (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:340312) last week, while I was waiting for a e3d v6 lite, that I had ordered on amazon. But when I tried to test fit it to the Sintron hot-end heat-sink barrel, it did not fit (second picture attached).

E3D has included a "V6.6_Duct.stp" file, along with the STL file, But it appears that these STP files can only be opened by CATIA (Computer Aided Three Dimensional Interactive Application), a commercial CAD software suite created by Dassault Systemes and marketed by IBM.

I wish they had done this using OpenSCAD, then we could have modified the diameter of the grip, quite easily.

BTW, I received the e3d hot-end today in the mail, and still need to assemble it. However, the stock hot-end is producing some decent prints for now, so I guess I will wait to replace it with the e3d one.
Attachments:
open | download - e3d_30mm_fan_shroud.jpg (559.8 KB)
open | download - ed3_fan_shroud_does_not_fit_sintron_hotend.jpg (339.9 KB)
January 04, 2016 08:00PM
gkr
Yes, I had printed the fan-duct from the e3d design (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:340312) last week, while I was waiting for a e3d v6 lite, that I had ordered on amazon. But when I tried to test fit it to the Sintron hot-end heat-sink barrel, it did not fit (second picture attached).

E3D has included a "V6.6_Duct.stp" file, along with the STL file, But it appears that these STP files can only be opened by CATIA (Computer Aided Three Dimensional Interactive Application), a commercial CAD software suite created by Dassault Systemes and marketed by IBM.

I wish they had done this using OpenSCAD, then we could have modified the diameter of the grip, quite easily.

BTW, I received the e3d hot-end today in the mail, and still need to assemble it. However, the stock hot-end is producing some decent prints for now, so I guess I will wait to replace it with the e3d one.

Your hotend looks different from most.
But its just about down sizing the normal clip.

And the stp files can be converted online.
I forgot the site but ive done it before. Google "stp to stl online"
It should be within the frist few pages.
You upload it and they email you the link to the stl for download.
January 05, 2016 03:05AM
xile6
And the stp files can be converted online.
I forgot the site but ive done it before. Google "stp to stl online"
It should be within the frist few pages.
You upload it and they email you the link to the stl for download.

I don't think the point is converting to stl. To sensibly modify you want it converted to some CAD format. I would go through all available cad software and see if any can import. I think FreeCAD can, not sure how well…
January 05, 2016 03:21AM
Tha_Reaper
so... not a single heatsink on thingiverse will fit this clone it seem, and i'm afraid that i'm far from skilled enough to design my own.
Hmm... Measured mine. It's 19.5mm in diameter (heatsink). You are right, it seems it's unique in each case. smiling smiley
BTW, this fan shroud will fit any hot-end, because it's fully customizable - [www.thingiverse.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login