Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ebay SINTRON Kossel Mini full kit

Posted by Miamicraft 
Re: Ebay SINTRON Kossel Mini full kit
January 09, 2016 12:03AM
gkr
Hello HaGeEm, GrAndAG, Tha_Reaper, and hacker:

Your expert opinions were invaluable. Much appreciated again!!

1. Printed a object-fan-shroud (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:451667).

2. Removed the Sintron supplied 40mm fan from the old hacked up heat-sink fan-mount (sitting idle), and attached it to the newly printed object fan-shroud.
It fit perfectly and onto the J-Head mount. See pics attached.

(http://www.thingiverse.com/make:185099)

2. I then removed the the heat-sink fan's red and black wires from the Aux pins, and attached them together with the incoming 12V line in the big green input terminals (exactly like "Tha_Reaper" suggested). Very simple and elegant way of doing it, guaranteeing that the heat-sink fan will run all the time the power-supply is powered on. Good way to increase reliability.

3. Then connected the Object-Fan wires to D9 (-ve top, +ve bottom) Re-setup the Slic3r cooling settings, with regards to when the object-fan needs to kick in, or not.

I then printed a test print to make sure that everything was still cool, and things look even better now. The layer adhesion is so so much better now, and the print finish seems so much smoother smiling smiley. The permanent object-fan seems like an absolute necessity, and not an option.

Thank you again. I think I'm all set for now, to try more complex prints on my Kossel.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Best Regards.

Thats a nicely printed fan shroud. I hope i get there one day
January 09, 2016 06:58AM
If you only want to switch some Fans/gadgets on/off - without PWM, [www.ebay.de] and similar, is a good, cheap but somewhat bulky solution.
January 09, 2016 10:12AM
If you just want an extra fan, I initially hooked up an on/off switch to a fan that was hooked directly to the power out of the Sintron power supply V+ and V- lead. If I wanted to cool the power supply I would turn it on. But now I have it hooked directly to be always cooling the power supply itself. I will eventually have to make a Y splitter and another lead to feed into my future object cooling fan which will always be on.

But I am saying that because it is the easiest and cheapest option to get a fan onto your system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2016 01:14PM by DRTak.
gkr
January 09, 2016 04:34PM
Hello GrAndAG,

GrAndAG

Hmm... Tried both 1.1.7 and 1.2.9. And could not find any significant differences in printing results. Both of them produce good g-code.

Do you mind posting a dump of the "full" Slic3r config from your 1.1.7 setup?

I would like to compare a few things with what I have.

Much appreciated.

Regards.
January 09, 2016 05:58PM
Hi all, I have a question about this printer, I have the version with steel handler. After built it I have made calibration of z axes..All went good, nozzle stop at a paper from the bed, but when i test x/y it happen that till 50 or -50 all goes well but from 51 "y" carry lost lost position like a little earthquake and fall down smiling bouncing smiley ( I have check this in deep with 1 step at time and i have se the two wheel of the carry that went up). Hope that someone could help me 'cause i don't know what happen i see all do gcode -80 without problem
January 09, 2016 07:53PM
I think I might know what you are talking about. To this day, My Y tower shakes like crazy. When I home, the y carriage goes to the endstop. Then shakes like an earthquake. Once it does that, the next time it stops. But if I shut the machine off, it does it again. The 2nd time of homing it will stop. I have not found out what does that yet.

It always happens with a cold machine. The machine has to warm up. Then after a bit of time and 2 x homing or autocalibration it will stop shaking at the y tower.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2016 07:54PM by DRTak.
January 10, 2016 12:18AM
Hi Guys,

Looking to buy the Sintron Kossel, but I'm a little nervous after reading some of these comments.
I've found a "2016" version of the Kossel but has anyone had any experience with it or is it just the same model with a new label?
Cheers

2016 DIY Injection Model Kossel Mini 3D Printer
January 10, 2016 03:50AM
lloydy
Hi Guys,

Looking to buy the Sintron Kossel, but I'm a little nervous after reading some of these comments.
I've found a "2016" version of the Kossel but has anyone had any experience with it or is it just the same model with a new label?
Cheers

2016 DIY Injection Model Kossel Mini 3D Printer

The printer you linked, looks definitely better. But I'd go for the linear guide w/ heated bed version they linked in their auction. Be prepared to upgrade to 32bit controller.
-Olaf
January 10, 2016 04:16AM
o_lampe
The printer you linked, looks definitely better. But I'd go for the linear guide w/ heated bed version they linked in their auction. Be prepared to upgrade to 32bit controller.
-Olaf

Think I might go with the one that's most common on ebay Australia and the one I think most of you have. Here
Unless anyone has any major reasons against it..

I'm a software engineer here in Aus so I have a general understanding of the software and hardware but I'm still learning. What 32bit controller are you referring to? Is the ArduinoMega not fast enough?
January 10, 2016 08:08AM
The one you link, is a micromake printer.
Check there site micromake.cc
January 10, 2016 01:41PM
lloydy
o_lampe
-Olaf

Think I might go with the one that's most common on ebay Australia and the one I think most of you have. Here
Unless anyone has any major reasons against it..

I'm a software engineer here in Aus so I have a general understanding of the software and hardware but I'm still learning. What 32bit controller are you referring to? Is the ArduinoMega not fast enough?

That machine looks great. The carriages are the ones that I bought separately. Those carriages are amazing. My old Sintron carriages (printed parts) snapped in half. They say that the molded parts are ABS but they are not. I think they are more rubbery than ABS but not too rubbery. ABS is brittle and I dont like that. Either way, they are solid on the printer. I would also go for the one with the heated bed. Or go for one with the heated bed and 32 bit controller built in like on robotdigg
January 10, 2016 01:55PM
Hi again, I don't know I really had explained well my problem, to avoid wrog explaination I have now attached video that show the problem of x axes movement.
I have first sent g1 x0 y0 z40 and than I have manual press +x step 10 for 4 times like u see and that is the result. Please someone help me, many thanks in advance
Attachments:
open | download - rostock.mpeg4.ac3.avi (426.1 KB)
January 10, 2016 02:04PM
Z is the height. So you are at 40mm high. You set your system to be zero zero. So the x is correct it is in the center. If you want to move like you want it to move

Your command is G1 X40 Y0 Z40
January 10, 2016 02:08PM
About the fan shroud. I have an issue. A lot of them do not have an IR sensor attachment. So I am looking for a universal Kossel fan shroud. So right now I am using the heatsink fan shroud by dc42 with an IR sensor attachement. I might try this object fan to rig it in a different location so that I can print with a fan.

[www.thingiverse.com]
January 10, 2016 04:15PM
Yes i know the correct gcode to do this, but if You has seen video i have another Kind of problem..my max range of move is only 40 mm like i recorded. X0 y0 z40 go down like it do but when i press 4 time x button with 10mm Step AN earthquake happen
January 10, 2016 06:11PM
lucawow
Yes i know the correct gcode to do this, but if You has seen video i have another Kind of problem..my max range of move is only 40 mm like i recorded. X0 y0 z40 go down like it do but when i press 4 time x button with 10mm Step AN earthquake happen

Is it not pushrods interfering with each other on the effector end?
January 10, 2016 06:59PM
hacker

Mmm ... I have original sintron pièce and.. boh maybe it is possibile but I don t know how understand if it is the case. Must I charge the effetto end or there is another way"? But you haven t got this issue? Thanks again
January 11, 2016 04:12AM
lloydy
Is the ArduinoMega not fast enough?

It is definitely the first bottleneck you will encounter, when you have your printer tuned and try to print faster. Circles are the worst.
Any 32bit controller will do, but IMHO Duet boards with DC42s firmware are best for deltas.
-Olaf
January 11, 2016 04:16AM
lucawow
hacker

Mmm ... I have original sintron pièce and.. boh maybe it is possibile but I don t know how understand if it is the case. Must I charge the effetto end or there is another way"? But you haven t got this issue? Thanks again

Original sintron piece definitely suffers that. Just look closely at where adjacent rod ends may be touching each other as you move, it should be pretty obvious if it's the case.. There are plenty of solutions, new effector, carriages, new rod ends, new rods, etc… I opted in for changing whole rods (I wanted to change rod ends, but couldn't take the old ones off the rods).
January 11, 2016 08:32AM
Im having trouble with the custom fan shroud which i posted a couple of messages back.
I use this shroud so that the airflow over the bed would be minimal because my heatbed can hardly hold a temperature over 95 degrees C. Most noticeable at the first couple of layers, when the hotend is close to the bed and the fan creates a draft. I hoped directing the airflow with the shroud would solve this.
As it seems the fan creates a massive amount of backdraft. cooling my bed to as much as 90 degrees, and causing my ABS prints to fail. The 30mm fan is increadibly noisy and it sounds (and feels) like it thinks its a hovercraft fan. Very powerfull little bugger, and its my mistake for thinking it would be just as powerfull as a 5v 30mm fan, because those are a lot more quiet, (and less powerfull).

How do you battle massive amounts of backdraft?
January 11, 2016 08:58AM

Original sintron piece definitely suffers that. Just look closely at where adjacent rod ends may be touching each other as you move, it should be pretty obvious if it's the case.. There are plenty of solutions, new effector, carriages, new rod ends, new rods, etc… I opted in for changing whole rods (I wanted to change rod ends, but couldn't take the old ones off the rods).

Oh my god....Change the whole rods would be sure perfect to me. Where have you buy another rods? I live in Italy and I don't have a 3d printer so I must search to an ebay piece. Many Thanks
January 11, 2016 09:10AM
a very good option is just using the Traxxas rod ends. There is a very good explanation with part numbers and so on at the very beginning of the thread. Check the first pages! Maybe page 5 or so...
January 11, 2016 09:11AM
lucawow

Oh my god....Change the whole rods would be sure perfect to me. Where have you buy another rods? I live in Italy and I don't have a 3d printer so I must search to an ebay piece. Many Thanks
[www.ebay.com]
January 11, 2016 10:25AM
lucawow

I bought mine premade at 215mm in size. They are carbon fiber traxxas. But the seller does not sell them anymore. You can try these: [www.ebay.com]

I would suggest you get the default 215mm rod length. The benefit of buying it premade or doing it yourself is that you know it is a diagonal rod length of 215mm.
January 11, 2016 10:52AM
lucawow

Well, you got a lot of suggestions. Many shops have parts and assembled versions, you should look for which is the best in terms of price and delivery time/price for your location…
January 11, 2016 10:53AM
hacker
lucawow

Well, you got a lot of suggestions. Many shops have parts and assembled versions, you should look for which is the best in terms of price and delivery time/price for your location…

Also, make sure that your problem is exactly that, it should be plain to see at the time of the disaster.
January 11, 2016 04:31PM
Well this is new.... i have been happily printing ABS at 230 degrees with my 104 esteps for the extruder...
I bought 2 new spools of ABS and i had to change the temperature to 250 degrees... not that weird.... but i also had to change the esteps to 84 before it started to print remotely decent. I really have no idea whats going on. i measured the diameter of the filament, and its slightly bigger (1.83mm vs the 1.72mm of my old filament), but thats not enough to explain the 20% difference in e-steps. I'm still far from happy with the result by the way. could be really bad filament, or something else is going on.
January 11, 2016 04:44PM
Tha_Reaper
Well this is new.... i have been happily printing ABS at 230 degrees with my 104 esteps for the extruder...
I bought 2 new spools of ABS and i had to change the temperature to 250 degrees... not that weird.... but i also had to change the esteps to 84 before it started to print remotely decent. I really have no idea whats going on. i measured the diameter of the filament, and its slightly bigger (1.83mm vs the 1.72mm of my old filament), but thats not enough to explain the 20% difference in e-steps. I'm still far from happy with the result by the way. could be really bad filament, or something else is going on.

Well it's about 12% difference in the section area, but why do you change e-steps instead of using flow multiplier in slicer? It's effectively the same, but adjusting printer configuration for each spool sounds weird…
January 11, 2016 05:05PM
o_lampe
lloydy
Is the ArduinoMega not fast enough?

It is definitely the first bottleneck you will encounter, when you have your printer tuned and try to print faster. Circles are the worst.
Any 32bit controller will do, but IMHO Duet boards with DC42s firmware are best for deltas.
-Olaf

Don't drink the kool-aid.

Marlin/Ramps works fine and makes lovely circles.

There are way more effective ways to upgrade the machine, imo.
January 11, 2016 05:06PM
hacker
Tha_Reaper

Well it's about 12% difference in the section area, but why do you change e-steps instead of using flow multiplier in slicer? It's effectively the same, but adjusting printer configuration for each spool sounds weird…
Because i can change esteps on the fly with the LCD without the need for reslicing. For some reason, when i change the flow setting to 80 (i assume this is 80%) with the LCD, nothing comes out of the nozzle anymore, so i'm not sure that setting does whats it's supposed to do (or that i understand how it works for all i know...)
I was planning on just writing the correct number of e-steps and temperature settings on all my spools and setting it on the LCD before starting a print so that i can use the same sliced model for multiple spools.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login