Posted by Miamicraft 
Re: Ebay SINTRON Kossel Mini full kit
January 16, 2016 06:29PM
gkr
Hello GrAndAG (or anyone else):
What E-steps value are you guys using?
Currently, I have it as 110:
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {79, 79, 79, 110}
But, I'm thinking that might be too high, and it's trying to force too much filament through the nozzle, than the nozzle can handle. So, suddenly midway thru the print, I see that the extrusion stops (especially on long prints). I think originally Sintron had it at 95.
Wondering what values you guys are using?
Thanks,
Ganesh

Mine settings is:
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80, 80, 80, 95.2}
And yes, I measured it on "cold extrusion". It's perfectly provides 100mm of filament for me if I request 100mm. So, the default Sontron's "95" is correct in general.
But I'm printing with 92% fillrate, even if my filament diameter is 1.75 +-0.02 (also measured). I get better results if it's underextruded a bit. I suppose that's because nozzle hole diameter is not ideal 0.4mm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2016 06:34PM by GrAndAG.
January 18, 2016 02:00PM
DRTak
dc42
DRTak
Nice permutation. Here is the result.
1) 3 wires, correct connection. No pull-something resistors. "0" level will mean triggered.
Three wires connected as dc42 mentioned results in NO LED lights on for the stepper motor on the duet or duex4. However, when the endstop is triggered, the system reboots and the other red LED lights are on. Also ALL the orange LED lights are on on the duex4. NO stepper motor lights turn on for the duet when the endstop is triggered. When the endstop is released the system shuts off (all of my fans on the effector shut off).

Then either there is a short on your Duet, or your endstop board does not match the schematic here [forums.reprap.org]. As the fault goes away after a while, I'm leaning to the view that you have a a short on or near the Duet endstop connector that clears when the board heats up, probably between the STP pin and ground. Some suggestions:

1. If you swap over the X and Y endstop connectors on the Duet, does the problem move to the X tower endstop switch (which should show up as Y triggered in M119), or does it stay on the Y switch (which should show up as X triggered in M119)?

2. Use a multimeter to check the resistance between STP and GND, and between STP and 3V3 when the board is cold and un-powered (including from USB ) and the endstop disconnected.

Also for #1. I think it is odd. If I push the y endstop, the duet LED light goes off. But M119 shows not stopped? Randomly it will say at max stop if I try pushing just the Y endstop 20 times. But a majority of the time the duet web interface will read not stopped.
January 18, 2016 04:52PM
DRTak
Also for #1. I think it is odd. If I push the y endstop, the duet LED light goes off. But M119 shows not stopped? Randomly it will say at max stop if I try pushing just the Y endstop 20 times. But a majority of the time the duet web interface will read not stopped.

That does sound like a fault on the Duet. I suggest you check the soldering of the series resistor (R57), also look at the resistor with a magnifying glass in case it has cracked. Then check that pin 16 of the atsam chip looks soldered on its pad.

Also you can go to the Settings tab of the new web interface (version 1.08) and select the Machine Properties sub-tab. This displays the live endstop status. Then you wan watch the status while you prod that resistor and the chip pin with a plastic tool.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 18, 2016 05:48PM
dc42
DRTak

That does sound like a fault on the Duet. I suggest you check the soldering of the series resistor (R57), also look at the resistor with a magnifying glass in case it has cracked. Then check that pin 16 of the atsam chip looks soldered on its pad.

Also you can go to the Settings tab of the new web interface (version 1.08) and select the Machine Properties sub-tab. This displays the live endstop status. Then you wan watch the status while you prod that resistor and the chip pin with a plastic tool.

Used 10x loop. R57 is soldered well. No cracks that I can see with loop. Next I do not know which is pin 16 on the AMTEL processor?

I just downloaded and installed 1.08. This is what I get. Why is drive 0 at 230mm height? and the rest 200mm? I assume Drive 2 is the Z axis. I have this set to go 2mm "below" the bed for testing purposes.

Drive Configuration
Drive Endstop hit Minimum Maximum InstantDv Max Speed Acceleration Motor Current
0 n/a 0 mm 230 mm 20 mm/s 333.33 mm/s 1000 mm/s² n/a
1 n/a 0 mm 200 mm 20 mm/s 333.33 mm/s 1000 mm/s² n/a
2 n/a -2 mm 200 mm 20 mm/s 333.33 mm/s 1000 mm/s² n/a
3 n/a n/a n/a 20 mm/s 60 mm/s 1000 mm/s² n/a
4 n/a n/a n/a 20 mm/s 60 mm/s 1000 mm/s² n/a
5 n/a n/a n/a 20 mm/s 60 mm/s 1000 mm/s² n/a
6 n/a n/a n/a 20 mm/s 60 mm/s 1000 mm/s² n/a
7 n/a n/a n/a 20 mm/s 60 mm/s 1000 mm/s² n/a
8 n/a n/a n/a 20 mm/s 60 mm/s 1000 mm/s² n/a

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2016 06:07PM by DRTak.
January 18, 2016 06:48PM
The endstop states are all showing as n/a so I guess either you haven't configured the endstops with M574 or you are using old firmware that doesn't report them to the web interface.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 18, 2016 10:09PM
dc42
The endstop states are all showing as n/a so I guess either you haven't configured the endstops with M574 or you are using old firmware that doesn't report them to the web interface.

what is the newest firmware? I am using 1.09k-dc42.bin? Should I use 1.09m or 1.09r? instead. Will this help me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2016 10:18PM by DRTak.
January 19, 2016 01:51AM
Is there any chance you could put the Duet troubleshooting into a new thread? Seeing as how the Sintron kit doesn't ship with Duet electronics, and if someone is actually after Duet troubleshooting advice they'd be unlikely to look in here.

Thanks smiling smiley
January 19, 2016 02:07AM
DRTak, use 1.09r, and start a new thread.

January 19, 2016 12:32PM
dc42
DRTak, use 1.09r, and start a new thread.
I have moved my thread to here:

[forums.reprap.org]
gkr
January 19, 2016 06:02PM
GrAndAG

Mine settings is:
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80, 80, 80, 95.2}
And yes, I measured it on "cold extrusion". It's perfectly provides 100mm of filament for me if I request 100mm. So, the default Sontron's "95" is correct in general.
But I'm printing with 92% fillrate, even if my filament diameter is 1.75 +-0.02 (also measured). I get better results if it's underextruded a bit. I suppose that's because nozzle hole diameter is not ideal 0.4mm.

Thank you for the update, GrAndAG.

Do you mind attaching your Marlin Configuration.h file as well?

That would be much appreciated.

Regards.
January 20, 2016 07:42AM
Plastic parts on Sintron's kit are not strong and durable at all. In my printer I used only 3 original plastic parts: spool holders, extruder drive mount bracket and hot-end mount. Hot end mount was cracked into 2 halves about a month ago. And today I noticed that extruder bracket is also broken, despite on the fact that there is no force at all applying on it during printing. angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2016 02:55PM by GrAndAG.
January 20, 2016 08:10AM
GrAndAG
Plastic parts on Sintron's kit are not strong and durable at all. In my printer I used only 3 original plastic parts: spool holders, extruder drive mount bracket and hot-end mount. Hot end mount was cracked into 2 halves about a month ago. And today I noticed that extruder bracket is also broken, despite on the fact that there is no force at all applying on it during printing. angry smiley

Those are the parts I don't use, but those I do (carriages and corners, basically) are still intact winking smiley
January 20, 2016 08:24AM
gkr
GrAndAG.

Do you mind attaching your Marlin Configuration.h file as well?

That would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Actually, I adapted 2 Marlin firmwares. The first one is already posted in this thread earlier - Marlin_delta2 (Based on 1.0.0). The second one is based on Marlin 1.1.0-RC2.

I did some modifications in them:
  • Patched "Wait for user" bug when printing from SDcard and the printer in the same time is still connected to host program, i.e Pronterface. (in both versions)
  • Patched negative on-screen coordinates representation bug (this bug was in Marlin_delta2 only).
  • Patched to have M666 command (software adjustment of end-stops, Marlin_delta2).
  • Software adjustments of end-stops can be made in Configuration.h without enabling of EEPROM support (both firmwares).
  • Patched to add individual adjustments for towers based on this thing (Marlin_delta2 only, Marlin 1.1.0-RC2 already has this ability).
  • Patched "No SD card" menu to re-init card instead of showing of empty content (Marlin 1.1.0-RC2 only). For some reasons I have to do double init for my SDcard, or turn on the printer with SDcard inserted already, to normally work with it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2016 09:29AM by GrAndAG.
Attachments:
open | download - Marlin_delta2.rar (164.5 KB)
open | download - Marlin-RC.rar (412.2 KB)
gkr
January 20, 2016 09:04AM
Thanks, GrAndAG for the Marlin firmwares.

BTW, I have assembled a e3D Lite hot-end as per these instructions:
[wiki.e3d-online.com]

Anything, I need to worry about, or make sure I need take care of, prior to/or during the swap-out, before I can start printing with it?

I know, I need to change the following in the Marlin Config.h, and reload the firmware:

Reconfigure your firmware for the Semitec 104GT2 thermistor: In configuration.h:

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 5

Just wondering if there is something else I need to be aware of.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Regards.
January 20, 2016 10:57AM
gkr
Thanks, GrAndAG for the Marlin firmwares.

BTW, I have assembled a e3D Lite hot-end as per these instructions:
[wiki.e3d-online.com]

Anything, I need to worry about, or make sure I need take care of, prior to/or during the swap-out, before I can start printing with it?

I know, I need to change the following in the Marlin Config.h, and reload the firmware:

Reconfigure your firmware for the Semitec 104GT2 thermistor: In configuration.h:

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 5

Just wondering if there is something else I need to be aware of.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Regards.

If you're using Z-probe, you should be aware of the fact that it won't work since e3d hotend is bigger. I've redone it for stronger allen key and bigger hotend. Will upload it later today if you hapen to want one.
gkr
January 20, 2016 11:44AM
I'm not using the Z-probe.
gkr
January 20, 2016 02:08PM
Hello hacker,

You may still upload the Z-probe holder design, so I can try and add that functionality, once I'm up and running with this new e3d hot-end.

Thanks.
January 20, 2016 04:03PM
gkr
Hello hacker,

You may still upload the Z-probe holder design, so I can try and add that functionality, once I'm up and running with this new e3d hot-end.

Thanks.

Sure, here it goes: [www.thingiverse.com] it also has an arm for attaching circular duct (linked from the description) in case you want one.
gkr
January 20, 2016 09:45PM
Hello Experts,

Is there any guideline or tips on adjusting the tension screw on the extruder. How does one know if it is too tight or too loose, but just right.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Regards.
gkr
January 20, 2016 09:46PM
hacker
gkr
Hello hacker,

Thanks.

Sure, here it goes: [www.thingiverse.com] it also has an arm for attaching circular duct (linked from the description) in case you want one.

Thanks, hacker. Much appreciated.
January 21, 2016 02:23PM
All is connected, everything is checked, double checked and triple checked. Only the wires are not neatly put away yet... But I'm scared. Scared of turning it on for the first time. Any tips? I'm going to turn it on by using a socket with a remote switch. What is the first thing I should do after turning it on? Oh I hope it's not just a poof of smoke and that was it... I'm going to meditate on this spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

All or any advice at all is very welcome!
January 21, 2016 03:22PM
Noitome
All is connected, everything is checked, double checked and triple checked. Only the wires are not neatly put away yet... But I'm scared. Scared of turning it on for the first time. Any tips? I'm going to turn it on by using a socket with a remote switch. What is the first thing I should do after turning it on? Oh I hope it's not just a poof of smoke and that was it... I'm going to meditate on this spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

All or any advice at all is very welcome!

Being scared to turn on your first 3D printer is a common experience! Lots of us have felt that (including me). My advice is to triple check the wiring, then wait until you feel lucky. If you haven't done so already, start by powering it via the USB cable from the PC (i.e. no 12V power yet), load Pronterface or Repetier host, and see if you can at least get sensible temperature readings from the bed and the hot end. You can also use M119 to check that the endstop switches are working.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2016 03:26PM by dc42.

January 21, 2016 03:25PM
Noitome
What is the first thing I should do after turning it on?

Turn it off, if you're scared ;-) Then analyze your experience and turn it on again.
January 21, 2016 04:08PM
Turned it on!!! comments were later than my patience could handle so I turned it on with 12 volt. light blinked green, fan was working screen went on. Then I saw that it didn't move and I realised I had to do something more so I turned it off again. Connected it through usb and again the lcd went on the fan stayed off. I was amazed since I hadn't received these comments yet. Now I'm searching for the right software package in order to see some movement. Thnx for the inspiring words guys, really happy no smoke came out of anything grinning smiley.
Also I made a full assembly video (all of it!), but that still needs some editing. And it'll only be worth posting if I can get the printer to work ofc winking smiley. That video is about 10 hours long though... it also has an semi-exploding soldering gun in it smiling smiley.
So now for the software package. Searching the net at the moment for pronterface or repetier host. winking smiley

(found them)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2016 04:11PM by Noitome.
January 21, 2016 04:13PM
hmm having a little bit difficulty getting the printer recognised.. I'll get back to you guys later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2016 04:19PM by Noitome.
January 21, 2016 05:19PM
exit status 1
error compiling

Any clues on how to fix this anyone? It's the part where I should be able to succesfully upload the firmware with arduino IDE
January 21, 2016 05:52PM
Noitome
exit status 1
error compiling

Any clues on how to fix this anyone? It's the part where I should be able to succesfully upload the firmware with arduino IDE

If you use the code supplied by Sintron you probably need to get older arduino software (don't remember the exact version, 1.6.1?). But if you had compile error messages that might have been useful.
gkr
January 21, 2016 08:47PM
I'm using Arduino version 1.0.6 (rather old), but works fine.
January 22, 2016 01:47AM
gkr
I'm using Arduino version 1.0.6 (rather old), but works fine.

Maybe 1.0.6. is the one. I only remember that newer versions won't work. Like 1.6.7
January 22, 2016 02:02AM
I am unable to find 1.0.6 but have already tried 1.0.5. Also I tried following the troubleshooting duide and it got me taking off the mega and trying the blink script without anything attached. That worked. Though now I have reattached everything the LCD doesn't display anything anymore, it goes on but no text whatsoever. I have pressed the reset button on the mega, but is this normal? Also the upload is still failing. Does anybody know what I could do next?
smiling smiley

Had the compiling errors in newer versions and time out error in the old 1.0.5 version. and now the LCD is blank. It did also show scrambled text yesterday which was odd but went back to normal text after reconnnecting to the now it's all gone moment today.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login