Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3DR - Strange printing issues

Posted by zitman 
3DR - Strange printing issues
August 14, 2015 07:52AM
Hi all,

I have finally finished my RichRap 3DR and started to get it dialled in. But I am noticing that while the quality is OK, the bottom layers are much lower quality. Attached are two picture of the last print, one of the top and pne of the bottom. They are sliced with Cura with 75% infill, 0.8mm top & bottom thickness and 105% flow rate, 80 degrees C Bed temperature and 225 degrees hot end, printed with PLA.

Bottom

Any thoughts, anyone?

Z

My blog: 3DR build and more . . . .
Re: 3DR - Strange printing issues
August 14, 2015 08:23AM
Congratulations on finishing your printer and getting a very good start with printing. That eagle looks nice. You just need to get the nozzle a little closer to the heatbed and you are under-extruding a little.

Try to increase the Z-height by 0.2 and increase the flowrate to 115 and that should solve it. Later you should recalibrate your extruder to verify that it extrudes the correct length of filament, if it does you should check your filament diameter.

225 C is too hot for PLA also. You risk getting problems later with more complicated parts. Try reducing to 210 and if that works fine you may go to 200.
Re: 3DR - Strange printing issues
August 14, 2015 12:22PM
@LarsK - Thanks for the suggestions, I have a list of prints my colleagues at work want, one of which is a dolphin. So I have printed one with the bed adjustments and settings you sugested and - WOW!

Top:

Bottom:

All in all much better. This printer is in my office at work and I am away from the office for a while now but when I am back I will re-calibrate the extruder and reprint the eagle and see what it looks like.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Z

My blog: 3DR build and more . . . .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login