Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel XL - Ramps 1.4 to Duet - Kisslicer

Posted by VaderZA 
Kossel XL - Ramps 1.4 to Duet - Kisslicer
August 22, 2015 03:40PM
Hi All

I am hoping someone has seen this before or can advise. I upgraded my Kossel XL from a Ramps board to a Duet board and running DC42's 109e firmware. My slicer of choice was Kisslicer as I have had good consistent prints in the past. Happy to say new Duet is installed, calibrated and everything is working. My problem is when I load gcode from Kisslicer and the hot end is up to temp the effector runs off and crashes into either the X or Z verticals. Files fom Slic3r on the other hand work fine. I tried different combinations of start up gcode and in fact got one or 2 files from Kisslicer to printed fine. The interesting part is other files with the same start gcode and slicer settings ran off like before. I have shared 2 files on google drive that were both process through Kisslicer with the same settings, the clamp prints perfect but the effector crashes the effector. Link as follows:
[drive.google.com]

I have tried both 5D-Relative E and 5D-Absolute with the same results. I have also included G90 and M83 into start g-code as I have read in other posts.
Thanks in advance!
Re: Kossel XL - Ramps 1.4 to Duet - Kisslicer
August 22, 2015 07:43PM
Hi VaderZA,

Please install the 1.09g firmware release candidate at [dl.dropboxusercontent.com] and try again. If that doesn't help, please provide your config.g file.

- David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 23, 2015 04:33AM
Morning David

Oh wow that was fast. As soon as I get home I will try it and let you know.
August 23, 2015 07:36AM
Hi David

Wow thanks so much, the effector file now works. I will run a few more files through Kisslicer and report back. Did you find something that was causing the problem? I am obviously really nervous on print starts at the moment with one finger on the power button and one finger on the emergency stop.
Just on a side note the drag and drop file upload now works in this version as well.
August 23, 2015 08:08AM
VaderZA
Hi David

Wow thanks so much, the effector file now works. I will run a few more files through Kisslicer and report back. Did you find something that was causing the problem? I am obviously really nervous on print starts at the moment with one finger on the power button and one finger on the emergency stop.
Just on a side note the drag and drop file upload now works in this version as well.

Yes, there was a problem that occasionally caused moves to be aborted. It never occurred to me when doing regular prints, but after another user reported it I found I could sometimes make it happen by doing long XY moves with a small Z component.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

August 23, 2015 08:28AM
Awesome, thanks again.
August 23, 2015 11:18AM
Hi David

The good news is other files through Kisslicer are working, however I notice when the head travels down to start the print about mid way down there is an aggressive jerk as the head moves in either the X or Y axis towards the start point of the print. The job prints smoothly, it is only the initial move that concerns me.
August 23, 2015 01:31PM
VaderZA
Hi David

The good news is other files through Kisslicer are working, however I notice when the head travels down to start the print about mid way down there is an aggressive jerk as the head moves in either the X or Y axis towards the start point of the print. The job prints smoothly, it is only the initial move that concerns me.

Can you attach the gcode for the star of the print?

August 23, 2015 02:35PM
I found my speed settings in Kisslicer were too high (mm/sec in kisslicer vs mm/minute in gcode). Have change it but am currently busy with a long print. Will try the same file with slower feed rate speeds tomorrow. The macro feature in your firmware is really helpful and the H parameter for G30 is awesome. I must say my printer is much smoother with the duet and your firmware. Thanks for all the hard work.

Sean
August 24, 2015 04:38PM
Hi David

Slower feedrate motion is perfect, no more jerk on initial move.
Thanks again,
Sean
August 24, 2015 04:53PM
Thanks for the feedback!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login