Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

upgraded to duet.. now what?

Posted by thetazzbot 
upgraded to duet.. now what?
September 14, 2015 09:04PM
I got the duet board installed finally.

Firmware loaded (Thanks DC42 for the instructions)

Repetier host just doesnt seem to like it. Using the 115200 baud rate, im getting connection timed out every few commands.

i do not have ethernet in my office, so i have to use usb for now.

it detects, some commands cme through, then it just waits. 1..2..3...4 commands waiting

help?

5 minutes later...

OK I figured out that it is theM555 P2 command that makes it respond like marlin so Repetier likes it better like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2015 09:10PM by thetazzbot.
Re: upgraded to duet.. now what?
September 15, 2015 04:03AM
For best results, in Repetier make sure 'ping pong' is not enabled, and increase the receive cache size to 1K or even higher. Or select hardware flow control if Repetier supports it yet.

For configuring the Duet for your machine, see [reprap.org] and the other pages it links to.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 15, 2015 08:29AM
Dave,

I was reading this post where you were helping Koenig with his setup.

i find the information on the end stops and the LEDs to be of interest. Regardless of my setting, the led only comes on when the end stop is triggered, which actually makes sense to me, and to the firmware, because it does indeed stop smiling smiley

[forums.reprap.org]

The endstops I have are the typical reprap pcb with led, switch, 3 wires. I rewired the end connector to ensure that +5, GND, and STP are connected to the correct wires.
September 15, 2015 08:58AM
If the endstop LEDs on the Duet come on when the end stop switch is triggered (instead of when it is not triggered), then you have NO (normally open) end stop switches, and I presume you have S0 instead of S1 in your M574 command in config.g.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

September 15, 2015 03:28PM
indeed true!

So all works well until I hit the autocalibration. Need to look into this more because it travels violently down 1/3rd from top then slowly to 1/2 then does an air dance acting like it is actually hitting the probe points, but it is in fact about 6-8 inches from the bed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2015 03:28PM by thetazzbot.
September 15, 2015 04:54PM
Reduce the maximum speeds in the M203 command in config.g. Try X5000 Y5000 Z5000 until you know what the machine is capable of. Also add parameter H20 to the M558 command. You can reset it to H3 when you have calibrated the machine.

September 15, 2015 08:46PM
Yeah, i got it squared away. thanks again for your help.

And thanks for your contributions to the delta community!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login