Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for a printer

Posted by JMAPsci 
Looking for a printer
September 23, 2015 06:02PM
I posted a thread a few weeks ago asking about a delta printer kit and based on the recomendation I have decided to keep looking. I need a new delta 3d printer for my projects and I have a buget of under 500 dollars. I would like to have a heated bed and a biuld space of at least 170mm. Any tips? I found this printer on Ebay what do you think of it? Does any one have this printer?

[www.ebay.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2015 08:08PM by JMAPsci.
Re: Looking for a printer
September 24, 2015 01:07AM
Sintron has a thread here
September 24, 2015 03:04AM
The executive summary is:

* It's a reasonably complete kit, but needs some work done before it can be used to print
* The rod ends provided are useless, and need replacing with Traxxas rod ends
* Needs a more powerful power supply if you want to use the supplied heatbed
* You will need a dremel, and a bit of patience to put the kit together

I've been using mine to print for the last month or so, it works well for me. You get what you pay for, this is a cheap kit, and needs some TLC to get a working printer out the other end. However it is a very good start.
September 24, 2015 06:19AM
What kit would would you recomend to me?
September 24, 2015 06:46AM
JMAPsci
What kit would would you recomend to me?

Where in the world are you located?

This info may help to point you in the right direction ie if you are in the USA then there is no point recommending something from Europe to you

Doug
September 24, 2015 06:59AM
I have a friend with the same question, I recommended the kit from RobotDigg (all metal) for him.

However this probably won't help you as it's more expensive than your budget allows.
September 24, 2015 09:44AM
If there is a local makerspace you could swing by and see if anyone can print you parts. If so, then you can go for the cherrypi iii.

It is a 3rd revision simple design with a good handfull of supporters here on the forum.

See:
[forums.reprap.org]
September 24, 2015 10:23PM
I have the Geeetech G2s - and if you are willing to wait for customer support to fix any missing BOM issues - it's pretty easy to get working.

I've updated their http://reprap.org/wiki/Delta_Rostock_mini_G2s wiki page with a ton of useful assembly hints and modifications, and have it working pretty well - at least I'm happy with it.

I'd suggest that you ignore the 'Z-Probe' autolevel feature initially, as it is poorly designed (can cause the head to drag, report the wrong Z offset, and crash). It's pretty straight forward to tune to a flat bed with just firmware changes and the three levelling screws on the bed.

I'm in a Google Plus support group, and we have people having good success with PLA with the default PEEK extruders.

For ABS, invest the $30 in a E3D v6 Lite (and get the single-extruder G2 model) to reliably print. The default PEEK J-Heads of the G2/G2s have an incorrect thermistor for the one in their firmware, and will melt down if you try to set it to the 'reported' 240C.

I'm happy with the $350 I've spend on it, even though I am still waiting for the GT2560 controller they forgot to ship. (Luckily, I had a spare RAMPS board!)

Good luck with your quest!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login