Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wipe nozzle on start

Posted by sungod3k 
Wipe nozzle on start
October 26, 2015 06:38AM
Hi,

i want to try to make a start script that wipes the nozzles but i dont like the idea of wiping on the bed. the risk of slamming into it is to big for my comfort. So i thought of a sponge to wipe on. Ive seen this in some recent pritner already but I wonder what sponge/foam takes the heat of the hotend. If it melts and drags goo with it it defeats its purpose. Any ideas for households materials that could be used here?

Cheers
Re: Wipe nozzle on start
October 26, 2015 09:36AM
I havent tested this myself.
but i would think the sponges used for soldering irons.
I use to have one and thy work well.
Also when i clean my nozzle i normally heat it up and use a wet wipe., But if the wipe goes dry it will start to burn.
So really just make sure what your using will stay a bit wet.
October 26, 2015 12:15PM
sungod3k
Hi,

i want to try to make a start script that wipes the nozzles but i dont like the idea of wiping on the bed. the risk of slamming into it is to big for my comfort. So i thought of a sponge to wipe on. Ive seen this in some recent pritner already but I wonder what sponge/foam takes the heat of the hotend. If it melts and drags goo with it it defeats its purpose. Any ideas for households materials that could be used here?

Cheers

How about a small Wire brush (With Brass Wires) such as those used to clean Suede shoes such as Wire brush Brass type.
October 26, 2015 12:51PM
Aha, wire brush that is worth a try.
October 26, 2015 07:30PM
You can also get brass wool that's used for soldering iron bit wiping:

[www.amazon.co.uk]
October 26, 2015 08:29PM
A silicon spatula would be a better choice for the wiper blade.
October 28, 2015 03:36PM
I was thinking about printing a clip-on-the-rail thing that would have a little 'cup' on it.

The cup could have a razor blade mounted at the inner edge, at a 30 degree angle toward the bed, secured with silicone, giving it a little bit of flex.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login