Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Defining Front Face of Kossel

Posted by Colt 
Defining Front Face of Kossel
October 27, 2015 12:00AM
Hey all,

I'm a new owner of an odd-sized, Kossel Mini. While building the printer, I didn't pay much attention to which side would be the front. But with all of the hardware now in place, I'd like to redifne which side the printer recognizes as the front and aligns the cartesian system to. I would assume there is a simple fix in the Marlin code, but I must be overlooking it.

Thanks for the help,
Colt
Re: Defining Front Face of Kossel
October 27, 2015 02:47AM
I'd just move the connectors for the tower steppers around. Easier than frigging around in software imho smiling smiley
October 27, 2015 03:57AM
you can turn all your models around or the printer. but the plugs are indeed the way to go
October 27, 2015 04:38AM
X-tower is front_left; Y-tower is front_right.
Don't forget to switch endstop positions accordingly winking smiley
-Olaf
October 27, 2015 01:54PM
AS o_lampe
said.

Z (back)

X (front left) Y (front right.)

Just move the coonectors around until its right.
Make sure you match the motor with the correct endstop.
October 27, 2015 04:04PM
Thanks for the help. I was thinking that there would be a simple line defining which pins on the RAMPS went to each of the towers, but I suppose that switching the pins themself will work as well! smiling smiley
October 27, 2015 05:58PM
Colt
Thanks for the help. I was thinking that there would be a simple line defining which pins on the RAMPS went to each of the towers, but I suppose that switching the pins themself will work as well! smiling smiley

Yes there is but why do all that when you can just change the connectors to the right spot, vs trying to keep up with them if something goes wrong.

And the info is in pin.h
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login