Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto-leveling/Probing issue. Video in description.

Posted by MrMeeeseeeks 
Auto-leveling/Probing issue. Video in description.
November 16, 2015 03:52PM
I have not had any issues with auto-leveling so this is new to me. Here's the video here. As you can see some probs are getting skipped. Any ideas?
Re: Auto-leveling/Probing issue. Video in description.
November 16, 2015 03:58PM
Looks like a false trigger of the probe to me, you can see that it gets higher after a skipped probe.
Check your switch wiring, if you have an LCD that gives live readout of Z probe state then try wiggling wires while nothing else is happening to see if Z probe changes its state.
Also maybe your return spring is a bit light (or there's too much friction in the bit of plastic the allen key should slide through) and the probe is remaining stuck on sometimes.

Cheers,.
Robin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2015 03:59PM by Zedsquared.
November 16, 2015 04:15PM
Checked all the switches and they all work. I think you're on to something with the prob being sticky... It's not as responsive as it used to be.

Zedsquared
Looks like a false trigger of the probe to me, you can see that it gets higher after a skipped probe.
Check your switch wiring, if you have an LCD that gives live readout of Z probe state then try wiggling wires while nothing else is happening to see if Z probe changes its state.
Also maybe your return spring is a bit light (or there's too much friction in the bit of plastic the allen key should slide through) and the probe is remaining stuck on sometimes.

Cheers,.
Robin.
November 16, 2015 05:49PM
As said. False trigger.
Most of the time its the wiring. As the effector moves it pulls/pushes on the wiring.

Or it could be the allen sticking.
Try to get it to move smoothly and try again.
Anonymous User
November 17, 2015 07:09AM
Simple Error - your Allen key gets stuck and does not return to untriggered.
So when doing the next Point, your Controller immediatelly gets "Probe triggered" and jumps over to following probing Point...

EDIT: I do not use Z-Probe anymore, after self-deploying in the middle of a print, and engraving heatbed.... Just did manual calibration until Z-height was +/- 0,05mm on the whole printbed - works perfect since many weeks...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2015 07:12AM by Sir_Death.
November 17, 2015 05:18PM
I agree with you here. Manual calibration seems perfectly fine, and once calibrated remains constant for months... I don't understand autocal, let alone calibrating before each print.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2015 05:18PM by n8bot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login