Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel XL XY wrong size print

Posted by trefhi 
Kossel XL XY wrong size print
December 18, 2015 05:14PM
Hello!

I just made my first Kossel XL (Marlin and Ramps) and printed a 25x25x25mm cube.
The problem is it ended being 19x19x25, so mi Z is rigth but my XY are wrong.
I read something about changing the DELTA_DIAGONAL_ROD but I'm not sure. I have 288 (center to center) rods, that's what I have in the Marlin.
Someone knows if I need to increase or decrease the number??

Thanks!
Re: Kossel XL XY wrong size print
December 18, 2015 06:01PM
Higher rod number for smaller part.

Smaller rod number for bigger part.

So try chamung to 280 rod size in marlin and see if that gets u close
December 18, 2015 06:25PM
If it's that far out and you have entered the correct diagonal rod length (measured between bearing centres) in the firmware, then there is something seriously wrong with your build. Are the rods in each pair really parallel, i.e. same bearing spacing at both ends?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 19, 2015 05:27PM
I used this to make the rods:
[www.thingiverse.com]

They turned out pretty good. My towers are 41cm each too. I don't know.
I changed to 280 the DELTA_DIAGONAL_ROD and recalibrated (like xile6 said) and now the size is WAY more acurate, like 25,5 or something similar. ( I need a caliper)
When I'm able to measure more precisely I will try to calibrate the rods better.

Thanks a lot for the help!!

PD; Another problem that I have is really bad vibration moving between X Y Z towers in Pronterface (the buttons when you calibrate) but homing is super smooth.
2nd problem that I'm having is the printer EVER forget the M665 numbers. I turn on Pronter and I have: M665 L280.00 R178.50 S160.00
The printer is not moving flat (the center is ok but towers are wrong) then I copy paste the same M665 L280.00 R178.50 S160.00 and M500, and the printer moves well but when I disconnect and reconnect to pronter I have the problem AGAIN.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2015 09:21AM by trefhi.
TTN
December 29, 2015 01:40AM
Lower your segments/s, that should help with the vibration (stuttering) that you're getting.
December 29, 2015 03:01PM
print this and do the math, i am within +/-0.005 inches x and y after calibration

[www.thingiverse.com]
January 05, 2016 07:23AM
Thanks for the info! I will try it when I receive my silicone 240V heatbed. ( Thanks for the link Dc42 on your blog)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login