Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calibration issues?

Posted by Make_3D 
Re: Calibration issues?
January 26, 2016 12:35PM
BoriSpider
There is also this > RepRapFirmware bed.g file generator .
Might be of some help (wouldn't know how to use it).

That's useful if your printer runs RepRapFirmware, which has fast delta auto calibration built into the firmware. For manual calibration, I provide an implementation of the same algorithm on a calculator web page at [escher3d.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 26, 2016 03:36PM
That's a wonderful calculator. I've sent you an email about what I plan to do with it for my own printer.

Does the distance between the probe and nozzle have much affect on the calculation?

Thanks

My printer: Raptosaur - Large Format Delta - [www.paulwanamaker.wordpress.com]
Can you answer questions about Calibration, Printing issues, Mechanics? Write it up and improve the Wiki!
January 26, 2016 05:52PM
Paul Wanamaker
Does the distance between the probe and nozzle have much affect on the calculation?

The calculator needs to know the XY coordinates of the nozzle, not the probe. Having the probe offset from the nozzle introduces two possible errors:

1. If the bed surface is not flat, then the relative heights of the probe and the nozzle will vary with XY position, leading to inaccurate probe results. Check the flatness of the bed against the edge of a steel ruler.

2. If the tilt of the effector varies with XY position, then the relative heights of the probe and the nozzle will vary with XY position. It's hard to completely eliminate varying effector tilt in my experience.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 26, 2016 07:50PM
Thanks much. Should be no problem then. Bed is cast tooling plate with mirror on top.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login