Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Metal corner drawings

Posted by fma 
fma
Metal corner drawings
January 08, 2016 01:51AM
Hi!

I plan to use metal corners to build my future Delta 3D printer, from robotdigg company.

Unfortunately, they don't provide any top view of there products, which is a little bit strange, as it is mandatory to determine horizontal length profiles.

So, does anyone have top view (as DXF or just image with dimensions) of these products:

[www.robotdigg.com]
[www.robotdigg.com] (for both NEM17 and NEMA23, but I think they are the same)

(I don't know yet which ones I will use).

Thanks,

Frédéric
Re: Metal corner drawings
January 08, 2016 02:36AM
fma
Hi!

I plan to use metal corners to build my future Delta 3D printer, from robotdigg company.

Unfortunately, they don't provide any top view of there products, which is a little bit strange, as it is mandatory to determine horizontal length profiles.

So, does anyone have top view (as DXF or just image with dimensions) of these products:

[www.robotdigg.com]
[www.robotdigg.com] (for both NEM17 and NEMA23, but I think they are the same)

(I don't know yet which ones I will use).

Thanks,

Frederic

I don't have any drawings but I can tell you that the curved part is 40mm radius and the distance from the outer curve to the Extrusion is 4mm

Also I can tell you that horizontal extrusions of 360mm long will accommodate a bed diameter of 300 mm with a very slight overhang and 500 mm extrusions will take a 400mm bed

HTH

Doug
fma
January 08, 2016 03:19AM
Thanks!

I think what is important is the position of the concurrent points of the horizontal arms relative to the center of the vertical arm (upper and lower dimension on the drawing).

Frédéric
Attachments:
open | download - corner.png (2.8 KB)
January 08, 2016 03:30AM
fma
Thanks!

I think what is important is the position of the concurrent points of the horizontal arms relative to the center of the vertical arm (upper and lower dimension on the drawing).

Ok well you could work that out as the outer face of the horizontal are tangential to a 40mm radius circle.

I have just put a straight edge along one of mine and measured back to the vertical at approx 70mm making the measurement you want as 80mm from centre of vertical to the point intersection and 26 mm from the centre of the vertical and the centre of the corner radius.

If you can wait till later today or early tomorrow I can sketch one out for you with some measurements on the sketch for you?

Doug
fma
January 08, 2016 03:40AM
dougal1957
If you can wait till later today or early tomorrow I can sketch one out for you with some measurements on the sketch for you?

That would be great! It is not urgent at all, so, I can wait longer...

Thanks.

Frédéric
January 08, 2016 03:46AM
OK I will see what I can do it won't be an engineering drawing though as I no longer have facilities to do that so it will be a tracing of one of mine with some dimensions on it and it will be to scale. One thing to note though is that unless they have changed them the holes in all of mine are actually 4mm and not 5 as on there drawings.

Doug
January 08, 2016 06:34AM
dougal1957
OK I will see what I can do it won't be an engineering drawing though as I no longer have facilities to do that so it will be a tracing of one of mine with some dimensions on it and it will be to scale. One thing to note though is that unless they have changed them the holes in all of mine are actually 4mm and not 5 as on there drawings.
Doug

I ordered a set a few months ago and they came with 5mm holes.
January 08, 2016 03:01PM
Yeah, the holes on my metal corners are 5mm, too.
January 09, 2016 08:41PM
I quickly made a model of the metal end in openscad and exported to DXF (KosselMetalEnd.dxf) and also STL (KosselMetalEnd_top.stl). It doesnt have the rounded corners, but I printed out the dxf and seems to be pretty close as seen here:

January 09, 2016 09:59PM
Doesnt anyone know the thickness of the flange part where the bolts go in.

I have some m4 bolts but there short like 8mm.
January 09, 2016 10:23PM
xile6
Doesnt anyone know the thickness of the flange part where the bolts go in.

I have some m4 bolts but there short like 8mm.

The thickness where the horizontal extrusions attach are about 5.2mm and the thickness for the vertical extrusions are about 4mm. Note that the vertical extrusion holes are also countersunk. Also, the ones i have are all M5 holes and not M4.
fma
January 10, 2016 03:19AM
Thanks, sdavi!

Frédéric
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login