Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So disappointed with Duet

Posted by lolocaledo 
So disappointed with Duet
February 01, 2016 08:31AM
Hello,

I always have my problem with my delta printer. Randomly, the print stops, the head stop to heat. Impossible to restart printing. I have to power off the printer and power on again. I've tried to print with S3D on USB, prints gcode file on Webcontrol and print gcode file on PanelDue (USB and Ethernet disconnected). I've changed the Duet board (v0.6) and upgrade firmware with last version 1.09r but my problem persist.

Apart from this problem, which is not the least, my printer works perfectly well but I never have the guarantee to finish printing.
Anonymous User
Re: So disappointed with Duet
February 01, 2016 09:01AM
Maybe you have a crappy power supply, so the Duet freezes?
February 01, 2016 09:15AM
When printing, I always have this error message in web interface G-code console :

01:13:47 UTC+11GCodes: Attempt to read a GCode int before a search.
01:11:30 UTC+11GCodes: Attempt to read a GCode int before a search.
01:09:15 UTC+11GCodes: Attempt to read a GCode int before a search.
00:49:01 UTC+11GCodes: Attempt to read a GCode int before a search.
00:45:36 UTC+11GCodes: Attempt to read a GCode int before a search.
00:43:29 UTC+11GCodes: Attempt to read a GCode int before a search.
00:41:56 UTC+11GCodes: Attempt to read a GCode int before a search.
00:39:43 UTC+11GCodes: Attempt to read a GCode int before a search.
February 01, 2016 11:51AM
Is the firmware up to date?
February 01, 2016 02:12PM
tomasf
Is the firmware up to date?

Mentioned he was using version 1.09r in the original post.

I am with Sir Death, have you tried swapping power supplies? I assume the prints only fail after a certain amount of time, so small prints are completed successfully, just not longer prints that could be causing something to overheat.

Do you have power set correctly to the stepper drivers? I believe it is controlled in firmware.
February 01, 2016 02:51PM
I've looked through the code, and one possible cause I can see for that message is corruption of the data received from PanelDue. I suggest the following:

1. Check that you have the following line near the start of your config.g file:

M575 P1 B57600 S1 ; Set auxiliary serial port baud rate and require checksum (for PanelDue)

2. If you already have that line, then try a lower baud rate e.g. 38400 or 19200. To change the baud rate, change the value 57600 in that M575 line above, and also change the baud rate in the Settings page of PanelDue.

HTH David

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login