Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why does it lose quality randomly?

Posted by DerpThing 
Why does it lose quality randomly?
February 08, 2016 05:56PM
I did a test print to see the best temp/ flow rate. it looked good till half way threw. the layers got all wobbly and the print did not look good. All i could think of is it being the flow rate/heat/ or stability of the delta. here is a pic [imgur.com]
also tell me anything i can do to improve the print at all.
Re: Why does it lose quality randomly?
February 08, 2016 06:52PM
More information.
what does the hotend setup look like? (part cooler fan, hotend fan blowing on bed etc....)
what filament type was used?
what temps?
what speed and nozzle size?

to me it looks like a bit of melting.
February 08, 2016 08:15PM
I am using the e3d Lite6 and only fan is with one on the hot end. I am using 1.75 filament that is pla. I usually print at 205 - 210. and the speed is 50 at .4 size nozzle.
sorry for the light details
February 08, 2016 08:52PM
I have seen that it prints and then goes down to 195 c so i am going to keep it at 205 c and see what happens.
Anonymous User
February 09, 2016 03:37AM
I'd say, you need a layer cooling fan...

You are printing much to fast, the PLA can cool down enough, to hold the next layer, so it falls off..
February 09, 2016 01:20PM
Did you generate the gCode for the print yourself or download it from somewhere? Normally when I run a test like that, I am dropping or increasing the temperature every centimeter or so to see what temperature has the best layer adhesion and finish. If you didn't slice it yourself, someone might have told it to drop to 195 degrees at a certain height.
February 09, 2016 05:04PM
are you printing a test tower?
There are ones that start off at 215 and end up at 180 to determent the best temp for that filament.
So make sure you dont have a gcode that has that in it.

Since your said your printing PLA. you need a layer fan. the filament is melting. From the heat of the layer on top.

Your hotend fan probably has air flow on the print, while your low in Z .Once you move up more in Z the fan isnt able to cool the backside of the print and the heat stays in the print and melts upon itself.

there is tons of different pla out there. But i have use 195c for my ebay filament and 210c for the good stuff lol.
So get a layer fan and try again.
if you dont got a setup and are unable to print something out. For a quick fix you can try a house fan aim at the printer, while printing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login