Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELP please, cant get my firmware configured properly

Posted by blueicevirus 
HELP please, cant get my firmware configured properly
February 09, 2016 08:48AM
i have a kossel mini, all wired up. but i cant get it to do anything logical, it just shakes or moves in random directions. Ive used several diff tuts on marlin and repitier fw. can someone help me figure out this fw or what im doing wrong?angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2016 09:08AM by blueicevirus.
Re: HELP please, cant get my firmware configured properly
February 09, 2016 01:16PM
There is an Arduino script somewhere on the RepRap website that will flash your LEDs and move your steppers back and forth so you know that everything is wired correctly. You also might try adjusting the poteniometers on your motor drivers to ensure they are getting enough voltage, which might be causing the shakiness. Moving the wrong direction could be a wiring error.

Just throwing ideas out there until you get a better answer.
February 09, 2016 04:15PM
Some basic things to check:

Make sure you steppers are wired in correctly, one wire in the wrong place, or not making contact, will cause juddery movements.
Do not unplug the motors when you are powering the electronics or you could blow the drivers!
Use the M119 command to make sure your end stops are working and wired correctly, your firmware might not allow movement if they are showing triggered all the time.
Make sure your firmware config is set right for the electronics you are using, make sure you have it set up for a delta printer and not Cartesian.
Let us know what board and firmware you are using (as different Kossel kits use different electronics ) , maybe post your config here, and we might be able to help more.

Cheers,
Robin.
February 09, 2016 04:52PM
Yea check the basic.

Open pronterface program.
Connect to the printer and in the open window next to send type in
M119

This will tell you if your endstops are working or not.
While the printer is in the middle or at the botton. (i.e. not touching the endstops) It should read X Open, Y Open Z Open
If it reads trigger. Then press the endstop while sending the code. If that endstops now reads Triggered.
Then your are backwares in your firmware. Your need to go into the firmware and change them from "true to false" OR "false to true"

Once that is done, try to home the printer. All carriages should move up to the top, hit the end stops and back down a few mm.

If the carriages move down then you need to go into your firmware and invert the motors. change from ""true to false""

If one carriage moves down but the others move correct then you probaby have a flip stepper motor. check firmware that all motors match and check your board that all wiring matches.

If all that is correct and the motor just shakes like a train wreck.Then check your stepper wires. IF ONE WIRE comes loose or isnt making a good connection it will cause hell and the motor will shake badly.
February 12, 2016 09:19AM
im using ramps 1.4 it is wired correctly, as are the end stops. havnt adjusted the drivers though. when i home it, sometimes they all move, sometimes just one, ans sometimes up and sometimes down it like a slot machine all random. how woud i check the voltage on the driver to adjust it ? attached current marlin fw im trying.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (25.3 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login