Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Remote mounted cooling blower?

Posted by TbirdMan 
Remote mounted cooling blower?
March 13, 2016 09:41PM
I just got setup with a 3KU delta printer and am in need of cooling (it ships with a dinky 25mm that is useless.) my current workaround is a 120mm and 80mm fan sitting on the print bed blowing on the print but this is obviously not ideal. I don't want to add the weight of a fan to my effector since lightweight is sort of the point of a delta. I want to add a larger blower up top and duct the air doen with a hose, has anyone had experience with this? what is the best hose to use? and I assume I am gonna need to go overkill on the fan to get enough static pressure to blow through a 1.5-2 ft hose. would something like this do?
Re: Remote mounted cooling blower?
March 14, 2016 09:20PM
Do you mean like this? eye popping smiley

It provides breeze of air around the nozzle tip, good enough to cool down PLA fast. It makes big difference in printing quality

This one delivers many times stronger air flow than above two setups.

March 15, 2016 03:09AM
If you're concerned about weight, try comparing the weight of the hose you will use and this blower fan (22grams).

If it turns out the hose is heavier, maybe you should take a look at this compact shroud. It works pretty good.
March 15, 2016 11:13AM
I don't really have room for that shroud, but thanks. I think I will give that blower a try with a custom shroud.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login