Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y channel doesn't move

Posted by Arved 
Y channel doesn't move
March 16, 2016 06:53PM
Hi there!

I am currently having issues calibrating my Kossel XL Printer, because the Y channel isn't moving. (when homing all, X and Z are homing correctly while Y doesn't move at all)
I tested all Endstops with pronterface, they all worked.
I arranged the potentiometers to be all set to something around 490. - I tested this with ~850 for the Y Axis, but it did noch change anything.
I switched the motors around, but if plugged to another channel, the motor works.
I exchanged the motor's driver board as well as the jumpers underneath, but that also didn't help.
I also tried this, but with no Effect.

I fear the RAMPS 1.4. Board might be broken, does anyone know of another possibility?

best regards,
Arved

PS: if the RAMPS board is broken, do you thing as a workaround I can substitute the fifth stepper controller, which I think is supposed to control a second extruder, for the Y-Channel?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2016 07:01PM by Arved.
Re: Y channel doesn't move
March 16, 2016 09:11PM
you might check the soldering on the board... sometimes with cheapo boards the soder joints are poorly made...
Re: Y channel doesn't move
March 17, 2016 06:45AM
Yes, this actually was it. two soldering points were linked which shouldn't. Removed the linkage, solved the Problem. Many thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login