Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z-probe help

Posted by sedwar22 
Z-probe help
March 18, 2016 06:50PM
Hi this is my first time posting here so I will give my printer info and then state my question

Printer: Folger Tech 2020 delta printer with inductive auto-leveling probe

So everything seems to be working fine except the probe. Its not that it doesn't work at all but i am not getting accurate distance readings. There are highs and lows through out movement that creates a surface(Virtual) that is not parallel with the plate(Aluminium) This wouldnt be too big of problems if it wasn't off by so much. It is off my a couple mm enough to make deformities in the prints in the probed high areas. I will attach my code if you need that as well.

If there is any other question please post below and I will answer in a timely manor

Thanks in advance, Sage
Attachments:
open | download - KosselRevB2.zip (217.3 KB)
Re: Z-probe help
March 20, 2016 05:53PM
You may have dimensional error on the pieces, and the print head may be oscillating, so if the probe z-height is oscillating also. It happened to me, I solved it with a self made design off head which use the nozzle as probe.
March 21, 2016 08:52PM
PurpleSensation
You may have dimensional error on the pieces, and the print head may be oscillating, so if the probe z-height is oscillating also. It happened to me, I solved it with a self made design off head which use the nozzle as probe.

I am having the same issue, how did you go about using the nozzle as the probe? what do i change in my config.h file to accomplish this?
March 24, 2016 10:57AM
how did you use the print head as a probe?

I also assuming when you say oscillating you are saying that the probe is moving on its own which doesn't seem to be the case for me since the error is in the same area of the print.

It also not a dimension error since i am sending in pure g-code(no slicer) to test the movements from 1 point to another(The same rise also occurs in prints in the same place)
March 24, 2016 10:58AM
PurpleSensation

how did you use the print head as a probe?

I also assuming when you say oscillating you are saying that the probe is moving on its own which doesn't seem to be the case for me since the error is in the same area of the print.

It also not a dimension error since i am sending in pure g-code(no slicer) to test the movements from 1 point to another(The same rise also occurs in prints in the same place)

didn't hit quote sorry for the double post
March 24, 2016 12:50PM
Can you post a picture or draw whereabouts on the bed it's higher?

1mm is a long, long way off. Chances are you have an error in your geometry somewhere.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login