Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruders on the market for bowden/delta

Posted by BramV 
Extruders on the market for bowden/delta
September 11, 2016 05:23AM
Hi there,

Is there somewhere a list of extruders that are currently on the market that can be used with a bowden setup in a delta printer?

So far I know of the brandless cheap not-geared metal extruder: [www.123-3d.nl]
The bondtech extruder: [shop.bondtech.se]
Titan Extruder: [reprapworld.nl]
And then I'v seen several 'custom' designs on thingiverse etc. that you can print, but I find it hard to judge the quality of those and gather all the metal parts that are needed to build those. I'd rather spend a little more money and get an easy to build kit that I know in advance will work well.

So far the bondtech seems attractive to me: a 1/3 gearing system and 2-sided bolts for better grip... but it's so expensive.
Are there any alternatives that use a similar system and can be bought as a kit or pre-assembled, but less expensive?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2016 05:35AM by BramV.
Re: Extruders on the market for bowden/delta
September 11, 2016 06:22AM
I've got a titan and it works well, no complaints really. Manual loading of filament with the large gear is pretty handy actually.

I used a printed non geared direct extruder before the titan and I would say it worked just as well, but more annoying to take apart for maintenance.
September 11, 2016 08:37AM
+1 for the titan, solid and not that pricey.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
September 11, 2016 09:49AM
FolgerTech has their (injection molded) kit one available seperately, you'll need to a a NEMA 17 motor as well, though : [folgertech.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login