Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for a good Delta Design

Posted by Guchion 
Looking for a good Delta Design
November 29, 2016 06:30AM
Hello All,

I'm currently part way through a Richrap 3dr build i've edited for 8mm rod and gt2 belt, but honestly its a bit small and i'm having a devil of a time finding a auto bed detection method that just works.
I mistakenly bought a nice Alu headbed, but at 220mm its too big for this design but I think its the right size for the printer I want to build.
I've also got some nice 200mm arms, which are a bit too long for the richrap design.

I'm happy to buy some more extruded alu and already have some decent 450mm rods, but don't mind getting some longer ones, ive already got all the electronics etc needed so just need a decent frame.

Most of the ones i've seen have either been around the 180mm build size or massive 300mm monsters.

Any help?
Re: Looking for a good Delta Design
November 29, 2016 08:52AM
Just scale it up a bit. Whilst things like linear guides improve scalability, you can still use 8mm rods to make a slightly larger printer. Model it in CAD or on paper, the only real variable is the length of arms you'll need and there are plenty of simulators/speadsheets to help you work out how long they need to be. The wonderful thing with most delta designs is that you can use longer horizontal or vertical frame members if you want to.

Some people swear by cross bracing a frame which is larger than ideal to make it stiff enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2016 07:26PM by DjDemonD.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Re: Looking for a good Delta Design
December 19, 2016 09:47PM
I may be biased, but there is this one: [www.thingiverse.com]

EDIT: Whoops! The BazBot has a 300mm+ build diameter which I'm guessing is bigger than you want?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2016 09:48PM by MrBaz.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login