Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trying to tune the stepper motors with a MKS Mini board.

Posted by HappyJack 
Trying to tune the stepper motors with a MKS Mini board.
December 12, 2016 04:06PM
Here is the board style I have
[i.imgur.com]

Between this [reprap.org] and this (really poorly translated) website [osoyoo.com] I went in to measure the voltage.

Here's what I got [i.imgur.com]
Every other pot gives me .565V +/- .025V except this one. It drops down to -.011V if I adjust it, but it doesn't go any higher than this.

I know that isn't right, but I'm not sure where to go from here.
FWIW, this isn't the potentiometer for the extruder that has been giving me problems, this is one of the motors for the arm pairs.

Previous thread of nonsense I had to go through for this.
[forums.reprap.org]
Re: Trying to tune the stepper motors with a MKS Mini board.
December 16, 2016 04:20AM
It is possible that you have a bad driver on that board, or maybe a bad potentiometer. Can't say for sure but is the drawback of boards with built in drivers.

What was nonsense about the previous thread, you had "to go through"? Seems that you got that issue working in the end.

What's difficult about 3d printing is that there's a bunch of cheap stuff available which claims to be wonderful but its very variable. Chinese controllers, some are okay some are junk.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Re: Trying to tune the stepper motors with a MKS Mini board.
December 18, 2016 11:50AM
DjDemonD
It is possible that you have a bad driver on that board, or maybe a bad potentiometer. Can't say for sure but is the drawback of boards with built in drivers.

What's difficult about 3d printing is that there's a bunch of cheap stuff available which claims to be wonderful but its very variable. Chinese controllers, some are okay some are junk.
I'm at the point where I'm wondering if I should replace the board with something easier to maintain and use.
DjDemonD
What was nonsense about the previous thread, you had "to go through"? Seems that you got that issue working in the end.
More the crappy translations and bad job from the supplier than anything else. I got a lot of help from here and a couple other sources. It was just frustrating to have to deal with such unclear instructions from a manufacturer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login