Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel mini head diving

Posted by ShreddinPB 
Kossel mini head diving
January 04, 2017 04:06PM
Hey guys, I am having some issues and cant figure them out. This printer was working fine but has now started this.
While laying down the first layer the print head dips down and scrapes into the print surface. Everything seems tight between the diagonal rods, the effector, and the linear bearing rails.
I marked the areas in the image where the head dives into the bed, I also marked which tower is what.

I tested and rotated the print bed just to make sure the buildtak surface doesnt have bubbles (I am sure it didnt but needed to test )
You can see the print head still goes low in the same areas as before.

Any idea what this can be?
This printer was really solid for a while.
Re: Kossel mini head diving
January 04, 2017 10:35PM
are you using any auto bed level?
January 04, 2017 11:52PM
Im working on getting that up and running now.. I did get it working kinda.. need to get the settings correct in the firmware still. However, I did try using this since it does its own height map
delta height mapper

It shows me this.. it looks pretty flat in the middle.. i dont know whats going on on that edge, but the middle looks very flat.

January 05, 2017 02:44PM
So, I switched to Cura and did a slice and print and it printed a very nice print.. I normally use Repetier/Slic3r, I dont know how it could make this happen, but I will run more tests.
January 05, 2017 02:58PM
Well that would be very interesting if the host determines these bumps.
January 05, 2017 06:30PM
sungod3k
Well that would be very interesting if the host determines these bumps.

Yeah, I have no idea how it could, I was using the exact same rep/slic3r setup as before.
Will try to run tests this weekend
January 06, 2017 05:07AM
Maybe you've used a thicker 1st. layer in Cura and the small bumps were covered that way?
January 06, 2017 01:43PM
o_lampe
Maybe you've used a thicker 1st. layer in Cura and the small bumps were covered that way?

They are definitely not small bumps.. it digs into the bed quickly.
I started a print last night with cura that wasnt sticking so I moved the head closer to the print surface to really smash the filament to the bed and it didnt dig in then sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login