Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto leveling problems with my delta

Posted by jabbajabba 
Auto leveling problems with my delta
January 14, 2017 03:31PM
Hey

So i got myself a cheap delta kossel from Anycubic.
Everything is fine so far but when i try to add auto leveling with a inductive sensor it always crashes into my X tower.
M119 shows that the sensor is working fine and it triggeres at 3mm.

Would be nice if someone could help me figure out whats wrong with my config.
The sensor sits exactly 40mm from my X home in the negative direction.
Here is a link to my Configuration file.

I followed a couple of tutorials/videos but with no luck so far.
Re: Auto leveling problems with my delta
January 16, 2017 05:12PM
here is a quick update.

I've managed to get it working with Marlin RC bugfix 8. Well almost.

It starts probing normally but during the last couple of probings it almost leaves the bed and its way outside the print radius of 90mm. (Bed size radius is 110mm).
It seems to me that maybe it gets confused where the print radius ends or what the offset of the probe is.

Could someone who successfully set up auto bed leveling with RC8 and a delta printer share his config with me?
January 18, 2017 03:09PM
I have similar issues when messing around with Marlin, the probe grid is not evenly distributed over the bed surface. It probes a section of the bed, the outer part of which is outside the range the effector can reach unless I set a very small probe radius. I may give Rich Cattell's branch a try. old as it is.
January 18, 2017 03:19PM
Having said that, it's still not a substitute for good building and calibration. Try the wizard at escher3d.com, that worked wonders for me.
January 19, 2017 11:55AM
I am having the exact same problem with my delta. I have never been able to use ABL in any version of marlin. I recently updated to RC8 hoping that the error would be resolved. Without ABL my delta works fine but I really would like to use my inductive sensor. If you have any ideas please share thanks
January 19, 2017 08:53PM
how do i use the bed.g file?

when i run it it just checks 3 points and then stops.
January 20, 2017 02:34AM
The bed.g file is for the fast lesst-squares auto calibration in RepRapFirmware. Marlin doesn't provide this facility.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login