Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Manual Accuation of Z Probe

Posted by westonshakespear 
Manual Accuation of Z Probe
January 17, 2017 10:39AM
I have a custom delta printer that I have spend the last three months building. It is a delta type and I am using the latest version of Marlin. I have it calibrated and ready to go but after having many failed calibration prints I would like to attach a z probe to the printer. I printed this from thingiverse on a friends printer and was wondering if Marlin can do auto leveling with a manually acccuated z probe?
Re: Manual Accuation of Z Probe
January 17, 2017 10:55AM
I was just thinking and would it work to have this be my start gcode in slic3r?

g28 ; Home all axis
g4 p10000 ; Gives me ten seconds to attach the z probe
g29 ; Auto-Level
g4 p10000 ; Gives me ten seconds to remove the z probe
; start print

Now if I am thinking of this logically will I have to add some code to make the nozzle go down all the way. Because of the offset by the probe?
January 18, 2017 06:59AM
Might work but use capital letters in start and end gcode or the commands won't execute, host programs capitalise automatically to save you keystrokes.

There is a gcode for wait for User, so you attach probe then hit encoder button to continue, then same again when removing, might be less exciting than having a timeout.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
January 19, 2017 12:17PM
Bah that's way less fun. More fun to have a matter of seconds to perform fine motor function things right next to 240 metal object before your hotend smashes through your bed!
January 19, 2017 12:27PM
You're right we need more danger it's more fun.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
January 23, 2017 11:00AM
Even though waiting for the user would be a safe idea part of me wants to wire in a big red 7-segment display that shows a count downwinking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login