Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How much do you think my printer is worth/ could I sell it for?

Posted by MightyMouth 
How much do you think my printer is worth/ could I sell it for?
February 15, 2017 07:20AM
I am thinking about selling my printer for something smaller. I don't really have the room for it and so keep it in the garage but that means I cannot print in the winter unless I put a space heater in there for a couple hours before I want to print. I have a Think3dprint3d Kossel XL inspired by DC42's large Kossel build. It is basically the same as Think3dPrint3d's Mini Kossel but bigger and with aluminium corners and a mains powered bed heater.

Features:
300mm D x 490mm H build volume
Black anodized aluminium extrusion
Black anodized aluminium corners
Duet Duet v0.8.5 controller
DC42's Mini Differential IR Height Sensor
240v mains powered bed heater
Genuine E3D V6 hot end.

Re: How much do you think my printer is worth/ could I sell it for?
February 15, 2017 11:18AM
Well I've built a Delta with very similar sizes, and I have spent going on 2000$roughtly if I convert it from my currency, so if you were to sell it you would be looking at just over half that since it's a very big machine and not everyone wants a massive Delta, so between 900-1200$ is not unreasonable
February 15, 2017 03:46PM
I think $900 is optimistic, I mean I know what it cost and what it should be worth but its used and with the cheap Chinese crap, it's hard to justify. I think if I could get £600 or $750 I would sell it.
February 16, 2017 12:48PM
You will take a serious hit selling used 3d printing gear. Just cannibalize it for making a smaller one.
February 16, 2017 07:06PM
Might get more if you sell it in pieces. Sounds bad but more people after parts than a complete used printer.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
February 18, 2017 12:55PM
Decided I am going to keep it, it's such a good printer its a shame to mess with it and I'll never get what I would need to out of it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login