Re: Need formatting tips, Any and all help welcomed
March 02, 2017 10:33PM
I assure you, I have good stiction. I create those mounts so I can use multiple sizes of pulley sizes, that was me being lazy because I swapped everything out multiple times. This picture shows the correct setting and I still get the same results. This is a formatting problem and for the life of me I can not figure it out. I have done everything I can think of to the point I am ready to pay someone to figure out my issue. I thought creating a machine with linear rails would be fun, but this problem is I am having is proving to be a headache. I get amazing prints from this machine, I just can not get the precision prints I was going for with it.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_4108.JPG (273.2 KB)
March 02, 2017 10:50PM
Ah OK, that looks better.

Can you try a print without those belt tensioners, using a more conventional belt tensioning system?
March 06, 2017 07:41PM
Been a while so thought I would update you. I took the tensioners off and it did not seem to help. I have uploaded multiple firmware and still nothing helps. I mirrored the same firmware that my little printer is using because it is printing flawlessly. The only difference I have with my big printer is the size and magnetic rod ends. I am printing new rod ends to see if maybe something is off with them. I have swapped out all of my motors, and electronics. This problem is really baffling me.

Edit: I took a video of my printer to see if I could figure out what is going on with it. All of the joints are tight, but when it is printing it actually looks as though the printer head is bobbing up and down as though it is on a roller coaster. This looks as though my machine does not think it is printing on level ground. What can I do to fix this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2017 09:11PM by Zulance.
March 06, 2017 09:22PM
Can you post a link to the video please?

Strange problem indeed.
March 06, 2017 10:34PM
It could be due to distortion correction?

Try sending:
M322 S1;
G33 R0;

Otherwise your steps/mm might be way off, try moving the effector down 100mm in Z after homing, and measure how far the carriages move.
March 10, 2017 07:38PM
Okay, So I think I found the problem. I can not visually see anything wrong with my end effector, but it has to be warped. I changed out all of this printer except the effector. When I started playing around with the effector the roller coaster ride changed positions every time i rotated my effector. I will print a new one from my other printer and keep you posted on the results. It must have been damaged when swapping it from one printer to the next.

Edit: After printing off a new Effector it did not change anything. The bobbing up and down is still there, and it is printing small circles in a hexagon shape still.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 12:39PM by Zulance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login