Re: Please help me fix this axis issue
February 28, 2017 06:31PM
OK Im going to try to heat the extruder to working temps and then try to move it..
February 28, 2017 06:34PM
OK Its heated and the motor moves but the opposite way which setting in firmware do I fix to change the direction of the extruder please...
February 28, 2017 07:01PM
UPDATE

All steppers are working and I had the extruder spit out 10mm of filament but it only extruded 5mm, so its off by half. Can you help me get that corrected then I just need help in calibration and I'm back to printing....YES
February 28, 2017 08:52PM
Ok Neb

Here's the latest. I now have all axis moving correctly and my extruder is calibrated for extruding filament within 1mm. I think all that is left now is to do the bed leveling....I'm afraid to try to print something cause I don't want the bed getting scratched...So I'm going to watch a few vids on bed leveling a delta printer.
February 28, 2017 09:58PM
Glad to hear that you're making progress.

These links might help with calibration:
[docs.google.com]
[www.escher3d.com]
March 01, 2017 10:15PM
Well I started my first print tonight. I was able to find my manufactures website and the have a bunch of vids and instructions along with updated firmware that I used to get me printing again. I was able to adjust my z height and get everything running. I decided to make a print of a small dog and so far it looks good. We'll see at the end. I did see that the back right corner of my brim layer was not really touching as it was printing which mean my extruder needs to come down a 1mm or 2. Not sure how to do that so if you could help me in that area that would be super. I'm so stoked that this is my first print in 2 weeks since this night mare started. I did learn a ton of things though about #d printing, especially the Delta style printers.

Ill add a pic of my print as soon as its done. Salute!

For those of you who have the same printer as me. Here's the manufactures manual and info...
[drive.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2017 10:19PM by Uscstaylor.
March 01, 2017 11:28PM
Well done on getting it printing!

If your back right brim isn't touching, then you haven't levelled the bed, or calibrated the endstops. The first thing to do is ensure that your plate is at 90 degrees to all towers. Then look at the two links I provided above, they will help you to sort out the endstop calibration.

Otherwise google "Delta Calibration". It's painful, tedious, frustrating, but you can get there with enough perseverance.
March 02, 2017 07:16PM
Here's some pictures of my 3D print, the area in question is in front of the dogs feet it looks like it was pressed too low. I'm not sure you tell me. Thanks

March 02, 2017 07:54PM
Yes, that's what's going on. Try printing a bigger part and you'll end up with a print failure.

You need to ensure that the bed is at exactly 90 degrees to all the towers, then calibrate the endstops as per the above links.
March 05, 2017 02:24PM
OK Well
I'm finally back in business. I even made a couple of upgrades to the printer. I made a filament guide and spool spindles and holders. Here's a pic. Now I can go back to making my Mech Figures. Nebbian I want to thank you so if you could please send me your PayPal email. Id like to tip ya for all you assistance.

Hers a pic of my upgrades.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login