Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is Delta 3D Printer He3D K200 worth buying ?

Posted by maker101 
Is Delta 3D Printer He3D K200 worth buying ?
March 07, 2017 10:18AM
I am looking out for 3D Printer with large print area at a budget price . My purpose is for hobby and making lamp shades &vases . Due to budget constraint I have finally decided to go for a DIY , I am ready for the challenges of DIY smiling smiley . After doing a bit research I found that delta printers are good with speed and large print height . After some surfing I have found HE3D is selling K200 delta for $199 free shipping to my country Finland on this website .
Has anyone ever built this printer before and how much time It will take to build this ?
Re: Is Delta 3D Printer He3D K200 worth buying ?
March 07, 2017 02:08PM
I have no experience with it, but based on my very quick look, I believe the cooling on that E3D extruder (which is not a true E3D extruder) will be problematic, as it doesn't look like it leaves room for air to exit the other side. It also looks like a controller board I'm not familiar with.. not sure what it is, but it's not your typical low-cost RAMPS setup. Heated bed would sure be nice to have as well, but $50 for the option seems overpriced.
March 08, 2017 07:36AM
I don't know the He3D kit in particular, but if you are on a tight budget then I suggest you avoid deltas. Delta printers are my favourite configuration of 3D printer and can produce very good prints, but to get there without a lot of aggravation you need very precise geometry and good 32-bit electronics, preferably with full auto calibration built into the firmware. Budget kits have neither the accurate geometry or adequate electronics.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2017 07:37AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 09, 2017 12:46AM
Thanks for helping !

Since i will be printing in only PLA, heat bed would not be required. Also i'll be making Models of height approximately 280mm. So Print height is a major attraction for this printer which is compelling me to make final move. Also i am in bit urgency and they are committing fast delivery in 7 working days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2017 12:47AM by maker101.
March 09, 2017 08:19AM
Do not assume to be up and running within at least some month of try and error, if you've never done a Delta like this before.

EDIT: I needed nearly one year - with much Information on this Forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2017 08:20AM by Dancer.
March 15, 2017 02:37AM
If you can increase your budget then you may try Latest 3D PRINTER Anycubic mega i3. This comes assembled with lot of upgrades feature. Till now i haven;t seen so many features in small budget printer. Not even in Wanhao. You may call it an upgrade version on Wanhao duplicator i3 Plus. I think that will best buck for you .

But if you need 280 mm then i think other than delta you dont have any option in that price budget. Suggest to improve your hand in electronics and hardware well for delta printer.
March 15, 2017 03:17AM
In delta printer Light print Head is one of the benefit since it has bowden extruder of which motor fits remotely. Light Print Head Offers fast printing . If you ever heard of Slicer than try it for Delta printer. it is once of the 3d printer slicing software which were even used by "JOHAN" the developer of Delta 3d printer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login