Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Automatic print extraction with delta printer.

Posted by mmiscool 
Automatic print extraction with delta printer.
April 28, 2017 11:51PM
Poor quality video demonstration continuous printing. Ejection and more printing.

[www.youtube.com]

Video demonstration of the web based 3d printer queue and slicing system.

[youtu.be]

Page with links and information about the progress on how i got to this point and links to the git hub repositories for the stuff.
Re: Automatic print extraction with delta printer.
April 29, 2017 06:11PM
Pretty cool!
Is there some material which does not have any warping?
I'm sure my ABS would warp badly if the bed was not solid. I did little work with PLA but about 14 cm wide part I tried warped a bit too.
June 06, 2017 04:01AM
Any one out there interested on collaborating on this project?

I am making all the stuff I used for it open source.

Would be interested in developing it further.
June 11, 2017 12:12AM
Been having really good luck with this system.

Have a big old pile of parts all off of this machine with out any human interaction.

[hackaday.io]
June 11, 2017 09:23PM
Got a new video.

[www.youtube.com]
June 13, 2017 09:05AM
Cool idea, couple of questions:
1) printing onto paper, how well does that work?
2) nozzle cleaning, any plans to automate that?

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
June 13, 2017 06:41PM
The printing on the paper works fine with PLA. I did limited testing on ABS.

Current;y I don't clean the nozzle because I print a thick raft. A raft can cover a lot of 3d printing sin.

I could really use some help making my gcode sender compatible with marlin firmware. Looking for a real marlin expert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2017 06:43PM by mmiscool.
July 01, 2017 01:19PM
Building version 3 of the machine going to be publishing plans for it on my web site here soon.

[www.3dpaperprinter.com]

I got the firmware worked out ok I think now. Also have a new way for the trap door to clamp. Going to be using a lenear actuator. Should be fun.
July 07, 2017 04:47PM
You could possibly figure out a way to coat the paper in hairspray and then abs would stick
July 07, 2017 04:47PM
But what sticks the paper down? Hairspray on both sides?

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
July 07, 2017 08:54PM
in the version i had saw of this (and i assumed the was the same one) the bottom of the printer folds down, and a piece of paper is slide onto the bottom of the printer, and then the bottom folds up. The paper is held in place between the bottom that moves back up and the frame of the printer. like a clamp
July 09, 2017 12:01PM
Yes.

That is how its working.

I actually am looking for a bit of help.

It seems that I have some sort of problem with the control board for the 3d printer.

I have an opti-coupled relay for controlling the linear actuator but when ever i use any of the GPIO on the ramps board it seems to make the serial connection go dark.

I even resorted to using a servo motor to flip a switch but even that causes the serial to die after 1 or 2 prints.

I really need a ramps board expert to possibly give me a hand trying to figure out the electronics bit.

Videos of the current rig.

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2017 12:02PM by mmiscool.
August 05, 2017 08:57PM
So I solved my EMI problem.

I just hooked up a raspberry pi 0 w.

The pi 0 W has real serial pins and I simply bypassed the USP to serial interface on the ramps board.

Switched to using pronterface's command line gcode sender and whipped up a little shell script that runs the printer.

It is all working pretty well now.

Looking for any one who might want to try and duplicate the printer at this point. I can chat using google hangouts or on here if some one is interested.
August 06, 2017 08:58PM
Cool idea with using the inkjet printed paper for a print surface. The PrintInZ surface feels a lot like paper and printing on that is awesome. What is the estimated print area of the bed? Working within the confines of the base frame is restricting as you have it, but I guess that can be changed by redesigning the base section to remove those "walls".
August 07, 2017 01:16AM
Yeah. I removed 2 sides of the triangle on the current printer build. I have a rectangular area.
October 02, 2017 01:10AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login