Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Smart PCB effector

Posted by dc42 
Re: Smart PCB effector
September 16, 2017 12:27PM
Just saw the schematic. It is indeed a bridge. Looks like 2 branches are made with I suppose, 3 tracks each, the other 10k ref R. Op amp direct to the ADC. All signal treatment done by software. Much more sophisticated and versatile than the Piezo system where it is done via OP amp and comparator. Really neat.

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
September 16, 2017 05:14PM
The firmware is also published now, see [duet3d.com] for the link.

The hardware is indeed a bridge. The 3 sensor areas on each side are connected in series. The electronics and firmware looks for changes in the bridge output in a limited speed range, so that slow changes due to e.g. the underside heating faster than the top side don't trigger it.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 13, 2017 10:33AM
Hi David,

Do you have any information how the Smart Effector would perform in a heated chamber (say 50-60C). I really like the idea and design, but I am not sure if it is allowed to be used in a heated environment...

Thanks!
November 13, 2017 10:59AM
It should work OK in a heated chamber. AFAIR the LEDs are rated to 85C and most of the other parts to 105C.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 27, 2018 05:12AM
@dougal1957 Just dropping a quick post to ask how you are getting on with your nimble and if so what adaptor you are using for it? smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login