Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

300mm PVC/acrylic tube as a shell

Posted by lhartmann 
Re: 300mm PVC/acrylic tube as a shell
September 10, 2017 01:54AM
number40fan

If yours is dumb, then mine has to be....refrain from using the wrong word here....so how about dumber?

No, yours can't be dumber than mine winking smiley

lhartmann
@kasom: Hello "this guy." smiling smiley

Hello! smiling smiley
September 10, 2017 02:11AM

Just wondering what vertical stacked arms does for you? It won't make the effector smaller.

That was a spin off idea in combination with the inner roller bearing rails. Their carrier is so narrow, it would be a shame to put the rods in horizontal plane.
It wouldn't make the effector much smaller, but the classic carrier would need a lot more offset to the tube wall to run freely.
September 11, 2017 08:14AM
o_lampe
That was a spin off idea in combination with the inner roller bearing rails. Their carrier is so narrow, it would be a shame to put the rods in horizontal plane.
It wouldn't make the effector much smaller, but the classic carrier would need a lot more offset to the tube wall to run freely.

Would it, though? Let's say the carriage is 60 mm wide. You only need 3.031 mm of distance from the wall of a 300 mm inner diameter tube, and any rail or extrusion behind the carriage would be a lot thicker than that anyway.
September 11, 2017 09:18AM
Whilst having wider rod spacing gives better effector stability at the cost of printing area, you could go with relatively narrow rod spacing here say 40-45mm, to minimise carriage width (and therefore offset from the tube wall), as long as you instead spend money on good joints, ideally Haydn's magball system (I haven't come across anything else that really works as well). Otherwise really good ball joints would help to limit effector tilt even with narrower arm spacing. Everything on a delta is a trade-off.

Simon Khoury

Co-founder of [www.precisionpiezo.co.uk] Accurate, repeatable, versatile Z-Probes
Published:Inventions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login