Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

looking for stubby ball stud

Posted by shadowphile 
looking for stubby ball stud
September 10, 2017 06:33PM
Hi, I can't find the source for these kinds of neck-less ball studs:

The stud needs to be M3 and the ball 3/8" (preferred, but I will take 10mm)
thanks
Re: looking for stubby ball stud
September 11, 2017 12:01AM
What are the thread size of Haydn's balls?
September 11, 2017 01:30AM
Im pretty sure Haydns are what you are looking for.

Go to Thingiverse,search for 'Zero-Backlash Magnetic Ball Joint Rod Ends' and drop Haydn an email.
September 11, 2017 02:49AM
They are also in stock at Duet3D.com in the UK.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 11, 2017 12:32PM
dc42 I cannot seem to find them on the Duet3D website, the echer3D website or on think3dprint3d.

what section are they in?
September 11, 2017 02:15PM
They are listed as addons to the smart effector at [www.duet3d.com]. If you email info at Duet3D dot com, I expect they will be happy to supply them on their own unless stocks are running low.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 11, 2017 06:59PM
Mils24
Im pretty sure Haydns are what you are looking for.

Go to Thingiverse,search for 'Zero-Backlash Magnetic Ball Joint Rod Ends' and drop Haydn an email.

I got the dimensions from Haydn and they are longer than those in the picture that I thought they would fit my setup.
However, I checked again and I can make them work, just need to have more care than before. The duet3d and the Ultibot ball-studs appear to be identical.
Trick Laser has their ball-cap rod-ends back in stock but I need to see if they will fit my machine. Otherwise, I will have them printed at Shapeways, although it won't be as accurate as the injection-molded Trick Laser parts. BTW, the Trick Laser parts have 5mm-wide shanks so the rods will need to be very large (I think archery shafts are the intended source)
thanks for your help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login