Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Would like some help sourcing parts for a new build

Posted by Koenig 
Re: Would like some help sourcing parts for a new build
April 18, 2018 03:09PM
Here in the UK it is very easy to find yourself a business name to trade under that isn't already in use, create a 1-page website for it, create your own headed notepaper (which is even easier now that purchase orders are generally sent by email), and then place business-to-business orders. You could even set up a cooperative with other 3D printer builders in your own country to do this jointly.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 18, 2018 04:02PM
dc42
Here in the UK it is very easy to find yourself a business name to trade under that isn't already in use, create a 1-page website for it, create your own headed notepaper (which is even easier now that purchase orders are generally sent by email), and then place business-to-business orders. You could even set up a cooperative with other 3D printer builders in your own country to do this jointly.

Not as easy here, you would have to get your own VAT-registration and organization number (both required by the ones only dealing with other companies), and there are much bureaucracy and several expensive fees to pay to get those.

A bit too much to do for a hobbyist I'm afraid.
April 19, 2018 05:50AM
An update regarding the tooling plate:

I'm going to pick a 350mm X 350mm cast tooling-plate later today thumbs up
June 13, 2018 02:22AM
At first I was thinking of using a couple of mechanical switches as endstops, but then I got to thinking that the ones I have are a couple of really cheap chinese ones with quite a long lever.

So I now think I will look for another brand, mechanical will suffice I think, but sre there any particular ones that are better than others?
June 13, 2018 02:46AM
Even the Chinese ones will be probably OK but you need to press the switch at the location between the lever hinge and the switch pin so that the lever does not increase the overall switch error.
June 13, 2018 07:31AM
You may be able to pull off the lever and use the button underneath. That's what I did.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login