Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seemecnc Rostock Max v3.2

Posted by vhoward1122 
Seemecnc Rostock Max v3.2
April 29, 2018 06:56PM
Hi. I recently bought this delts and assembled it. It prints nicely. I am having a problem getting Simplify 3D to put the model in the middle of the build plate though. Seemecnc has a guide for setting up S3D for the Rostock Max v3 and I followed that and just changed the build volume to fit the machine. When I slice a model, S3D shows it in the center of the build plate. Yet when I upload the file and pint it, the machine prints it off to the side. I have tried the X and Y offset in S3D, but haven't figured out how to correct this. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2018 06:57PM by vhoward1122.
Re: Seemecnc Rostock Max v3.2
April 30, 2018 01:44AM
For a delta printer, set up S3D to use a circular build area, with zero X and Y offset.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 30, 2018 02:49AM
Your endstop-height might be very different from tower to tower. That would end in a huge offset of the real center point and what the controller calculates is the center point ( from Delta calibration based on odd endstop heights )
April 30, 2018 10:35AM
I had used a pre-made profile for the Rostock Max v3 in S3D. I thought I had to change the build volume. It was set for circular and x and y was set to 197mm with an offset of 98.5 on each. So I changed the x and y to 275 and put 0 in the offset. Then I did a slice and tried to print it. It was printing off to the side. I asked about this in the Facebook SeeMeCNC printer users group and a guy responded that S3D does the math for deltas differently and I should put it back to 197 on x and y and the offsets back to 98.5. I did that and now it prints in the center. I don't get it, but it's working.
April 30, 2018 10:37AM
The fact that the printer came with a Duetwifi control board is the main reason I chose this model.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login