Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem auto leveling Anycubic Kossel Pulley

Posted by dbantner 
Problem auto leveling Anycubic Kossel Pulley
May 20, 2018 11:17AM
I just got this printer no more than 3 days ago. Had no problem putting it together. The problem I am having is the auto leveling. I am completely new to 3d Printing.
Yes I understand that I can put a different firmware on my board, however I am at a loss as to why someone (or company) would ship out a product that does not work out of the box. This seems like a bad business practice.

So I go through the steps using the machine only, to auto level. First I Measure the Z Pos, then I Auto Level. Once I get a number, I set my Z Offset to that number.

I am using the latest version of Cura to slice the test object. And I have tried printing from and SD Card and via USB.

And I wind up with 2 results, randomly back and forth. Either the print head is 2 or 3 inches higher than the print bed, or it crashes into the print bed (see the attached image for the latter).

Now I know this cannot be hard to resolve.

If there is a method to resolve the issue, great I'm all for it. If it requires me to install a third party firmware, cool I'll do it.

But I would love for some clear instructions on how to install the firmware and how to calibrate this printer so that the money spent is not wasted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2018 11:24AM by dbantner.
Attachments:
open | download - Untitled-1.jpg (52.1 KB)
Re: Problem auto leveling Anycubic Kossel Pulley
October 19, 2018 02:16PM
In order to use Marlin 1.1.9 firmware you'd need to know the information like what motherboard you have, what type of steppers you are using. How can/do you get that information?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login