Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Zatsit delta printer running... quite fast!

Posted by M_Xeno 
Zatsit delta printer running... quite fast!
September 05, 2018 06:40AM
Enjoy the video:
Zatsit
and share if you like it! Thanks!
Re: Zatsit delta printer running... quite fast!
September 05, 2018 08:32PM
Broken link ???
September 06, 2018 04:15AM
It did not work for me as well.
pkm
September 08, 2018 02:53PM
[vimeo.com]

Very interesting delta
Not sure why I'd need such speed, but it's impressive.
September 11, 2018 05:44AM
@pkm Thanks for correcting the link !

Of course, such a speed does not concern real life.

I wanted to show that Zatsit's technology, its architecture, and the extreme lightness of its water-cooled hot-end, could improve the ratio between print quality and the speed at which it is achieved.

I consider this quality/speed ratio to be the true quality measure of a 3D printer.
October 07, 2018 02:14AM
Usually I hate double postings, but just in case you missed it:

Zatsit is on kickstarter

Sorry Mods, but that's the only way for me to support the idea right now.
October 07, 2018 04:36PM
Dang! Missed the Super Early Bird. sad smiley
October 09, 2018 12:44AM
...and the early bird kits are gone, too sad smiley
Marc is not even half way through to reach his campaign goal. I hope there are more backers willing to pay the whole price ( and wait longer )

I wonder if it would make sense to buy the watercooled hotend kit and upgrade my existing Delta? Would it work with dc42's Smart-Effector?

Is the flystruder gimbal 'universal' or would it only fit a Zatsit-frame?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2018 12:47AM by o_lampe.
October 09, 2018 06:10AM
Hi!
Yes, the flystruder gimbal fits any delta, as long as you can install an elastic cord between the three carriages.

The hot-end is also universal. You simply need to print (or otherwise create) a support that provides a vertical slot 2mm wide, >1.2mm deep, to a height of 16 to 18mm, and two symmetrical holes spaced 7.5mm apart, for M3 screws.

Watch the videos "5-HOT-END" and "6 - FLYSTRUDER" in the prototype gallery on the Kickstarter page (or in the "Montage" section on my website www.zatsit.fr). All this is explained very clearly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2018 06:13AM by M_Xeno.
October 09, 2018 02:02PM
Edit: redundant question

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2018 02:04PM by obelisk79.
October 10, 2018 04:37AM
Bon dia:
I have myself backed the Ks campaign with the intention of upgrading my cheapo chinese (cheapnese?) Kossel kit.
The idea is to use the electronics and motors that are working quite well and have a more precise frame and rods in order to achieve better quality.
I think that @M_Xeno should have proposed this possibility as I am sure that many of us are in the same situation.
October 10, 2018 12:53PM
Hi fruscus! Thanks for backing!

You can certainly strip a Kossel delta to reinstall all the components on a Zatsit delta, since the mechanical architectures are comparable.

You will certainly have a significant gain, because of Zatsit's mechanical accuracy, the ultra-light hot-end, and the powerful remote blower fan.

In addition, if you also buy a Titan extruder, you can install it as a Flystruder, with, again, a very significant gain in print quality. If you do not want to change the extruder, you can still improve things by taking a gimballed Hylite support, as an accessory, which will allow you to shorten the Bowden tube very considerably.

You can still improve, but probably by also replacing the electronic controller, the motors (for 0.9°/step ones), and with a supply voltage of 24V, if you were in 12V. But then, there will be no any trace of the original Kossel...

I think I will indeed insist that the non-mechanical components of a disappointing printer can be fully transferred to a Zatsit, without loss.

But the limit is that, if the non-mechanical components (especially electronics) are themselves pathetic, we will not be able to perform a miracle...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2018 01:19PM by M_Xeno.
October 12, 2018 11:37AM
Backed! Want one. All the best for the campaign!!

Philipp
October 13, 2018 06:26AM
Thanks Philipp!
October 16, 2018 01:54PM
Upped my pledge for the accessories I would be ordering later anyhow.. I guess it helps the campaign!

I also found the equipment recommendations on your (French) website zatsit.fr very helpful. Finally some good use for my badly rusted highschool French!

Oh the anticipation... smiling smiley
October 17, 2018 02:19AM
I'm starting to wonder what's the actual goal of this campaign? Why 40k€?
Is it just a test balloon to figure out what people are willing to pay? It seems to me that 300€ is a bit too much for a mechanical kit only.
And no one seems to be interested in the Tri-Zatsit... ( due to high shipping cost? )

The Tri-Zatsit made me think if there's a way to make them cooperate with each other, but that's probably worth another thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2018 02:19AM by o_lampe.
October 17, 2018 11:57AM
o_lampe
It seems to me that 300€ is a bit too much for a mechanical kit only.

I was very interested until I saw that price only included the mechanical kit. I'm not sure what your cost of production is, but I believe you will struggle to gain market share at this price point based on what you're offering. I really do hope it works out though.
October 17, 2018 12:35PM
I've worked with delta printers for many years, and I have come to the conclusion that geometrical accuracy is paramount when it comes to building them. I eventually achieved this in my 300mm printable diameter build using 2040 and 2060 extrusions, linear rails, aluminium vertices, Haydn Huntley's carbon fibre arms with magnetic joints, and the Duet3D Smart Effector and carriages. When I wrote up the build at [miscsolutions.wordpress.com] and published the BOM, I was shocked to discover that the parts cost was more than £1100 including VAT. That means the mechanical parts cost more than £750. So if the Zatsit mechanical kit offers similar precision, then I think 300€ for a mechanical kit is reasonable, allowing for the smaller print volume.

I'd back it if I didn't already have more 3D printers than I have space for.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2018 12:38PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 17, 2018 02:39PM
@dc42
Thank you for your favourable opinion, which is all the more valuable because it comes from a respected expert!

@All
I would like to say that the price of the kit does not result from a trial balloon strategy, or whatever.

Believe me, it's not just about throwing a Hylite plate at a CNC, and pressing the Go button. It is a high-precision process, with human supervision, and even modern machining centres are being pushed to the limit. For some hinges, it is a matter of stripping an aluminium layer of 0.2mm, +0.03/-0.0, on both sides of a Hylite plate that is only 1.2mm thick. It does not tolerate the slightest flatness defect, nor the slightest dust under the plate being machined!

We had to develop special templates to guarantee the accuracy of the front and back positioning and flatness, thanks to powerful vacuum tables.

In addition, the machining of a Zatsit requires several different tools, the sharpening of which must be perfect, otherwise polypropylene cannot be machined precisely. Milling cutters must be changed very frequently.

In short, all this is not cheap, from a serious supplier I can trust. The main part of the manufacturing price concerns this precision CNC engraving and cutting.

I am sure I could have obtained incomparably lower manufacturing prices in Eastern Europe, or China, but I could not, under these conditions, have announced that "Zatsit strives for excellence".

Anyway, with a mechanical kit at 300€, including shipping, you can build an excellent 3D printer at 500-600€, which can challenge any current professional machine, whether in speed, printing quality, or versatility. Do you think it's expensive?
October 17, 2018 10:03PM
I'm really not trying to bash on you at all. I think Zatsit looks incredible. Right now, it's just not in my budget to get another printer.

On that same note, I think you have some heavy contenders to deal with in the price range you are selling at.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2018 10:24PM by obelisk79.
October 18, 2018 01:56AM

It seems to me that 300€ is a bit too much for a mechanical kit only.

That statement of mine was more an observation than a judgement. The first 65 kits were gone in no time ( for 200-250€ ) but after that, business is pretty slow.

It's a pity that a cheap material like Hylite isn't able to perform well without exorbitant quality control.
Pushing a technology to it's limits is dangerous for 'mass production'. I hope you can keep up your high quality level, even if you have to throw away a big part of your machined parts.
October 18, 2018 03:20AM
M_Xeno
Do you think it's expensive?
Not at all, I was pleasantly surprised to see this very reasonable price level already at the very beginning of this exciting technology! Especially considering that it is done in local European workshops under Marc's close control. No need to compete with the Far East at this point, a Prusa also isn't cheap.
I hugely respect Marc for putting this campaign together, this is an enormous effort and I am pretty sure that it is a "labor of love" for him. Actually hearing that he has already invested in all these fixtures and special tools for machining the Hylite, this is an enormous commitment for innovating the delta robot. So now it's our turn to make it happen!

And yes, my current delta complete kit cost less than a Zatsit mechanical kit, but I did get what I paid for, and only a few parts are still as supplied...
October 19, 2018 05:40PM
Hi, GER776! Thank you for your statement.
October 27, 2018 12:23PM
Bona tarda:
You must check Kickstarter's Zatsit page, there is a very interesting update...
October 28, 2018 02:30AM
thumbs up interesting indeed!
November 03, 2018 02:02PM
Bona nit:
We only need two more backers to reach the goal....
November 05, 2018 02:57PM
YOUHOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!! hot smiley

The Kickstarter campaign is a success!

Thank you to all those who made encouraging comments, and to those who contributed!

Zatsit, you won't regret being in it!
November 17, 2018 06:08AM
Bon dia:
For those of you that speak French (or at least are able to read it), there is a quite interesting forum with a sub specifically dedicated to Zatsit.
[www.lesimprimantes3d.fr]
December 26, 2018 01:53AM
Anyone received their rewards from the crowdfunding yet?
I'm keen to see some closeups of the Hilite stuff. smiling smiley
edit:
Ouch, just read this

It's risky promissing fixed delivery schedules, when it entirely depends on when the money arrives from kickstarter.
It took three weeks for the funds to arrive eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2018 02:04AM by o_lampe.
December 29, 2018 06:23AM
@o_lampe
Yes, I am sorry to have announced a deadline that did not take into account possible hazards that have occurred.

But don't worry, Zatsit's aficionados, things are moving forward anyway. I just received samples of the aluminium profiles, anodized in black. Very nice!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login