Delta links calculations

Posted by Balaji 
Delta links calculations
September 16, 2018 01:12PM
How the kinematics of Delta is solved
Re: Delta links calculations
September 16, 2018 02:08PM
You can find equations for linear delta here: [github.com]

But you are probably building rotational delta (based on your previous post). Google it or write down the equations describing positions of the platform based on each each stepper motor position and solve the equations.

I'm do not know whether there is any open firmware supporting rotational delta. There is one other guy building rotational delta for pick and place machine. You may want to search history in this forum to find his threads. IIRC, he did not get any concrete links to firmware supporting rotational delta.
September 16, 2018 05:34PM
RepRapFirmware has experimental support for rotary delta kinematics in version 2.02 which is currently at release candidate 2.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 16, 2018 05:49PM
Did you add it?
AFAIR, you did not respond to the other guy's question of when rotary delta support will be added to reprap firmware.
September 17, 2018 12:55AM

But you are probably building rotational delta (based on your previous post).

I suggested using nautilus gears to increase torque when needed.
I'd be interested, if these would also make the kinematics linear like I said?
September 17, 2018 04:04AM
I did not do the math for rotational delta so this is only an educated guess.

It depends what you mean by linear.
If you mean from the point of view of torque needed to lift one arm then possibly yes (the non-linear gear may need a different transfer function).
If you mean from one delta coordinate to one cartesian coordinate then not because one cartesian coordinate depends non-linearly on more than one delta coordinate. That means one non-linear gear would need to be different depending on the position of other non-linear gears.
September 17, 2018 02:36PM
hercek
You can find equations for linear delta here: [github.com]

But you are probably building rotational delta (based on your previous post). Google it or write down the equations describing positions of the platform based on each each stepper motor position and solve the equations.

I'm do not know whether there is any open firmware supporting rotational delta. There is one other guy building rotational delta for pick and place machine. You may want to search history in this forum to find his threads. IIRC, he did not get any concrete links to firmware supporting rotational delta.
thanks for your suggestion i am doing a rotational delta.
September 17, 2018 02:37PM
hercek
Did you add it?
AFAIR, you did not respond to the other guy's question of when rotary delta support will be added to reprap firmware.
because i doesn't know the answer
September 17, 2018 02:42PM
o_lampe

But you are probably building rotational delta (based on your previous post).

I suggested using nautilus gears to increase torque when needed.
I'd be interested, if these would also make the kinematics linear like I said?
i am doing rotational pick and place delta. i assembled basic setup but i doesn t know how to run three stepper motors in three different directions
September 17, 2018 04:34PM
hercek
Did you add it?

Yes I did add it, and he is the first user running the new firmware. I didn't respond to his post here because he got in touch via PM.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 17, 2018 05:07PM
Cool!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login