Re: Kossel Delta xxl build project HELP
January 09, 2019 01:59PM
Your right. Thank you
January 09, 2019 02:01PM
You are right. Thank you
January 09, 2019 02:26PM
I'm thinking to go with Misumi linear rails. Any recommendations on linear rails and carriage ?
January 09, 2019 02:41PM
Thank you for the plate
January 12, 2019 04:44PM
Thank you tolar250. I place the order for HFS5-2024 frame. I'm out of town . What T nut did you use on HFS5 ?
January 12, 2019 06:52PM
any t nut for 20 series extrusion should work as long as its 10mm x 6mm x 4mm.
January 14, 2019 12:40PM
Thank you tolar250. I start order the parts. From where you order the hayden mangetic arms for your delta printer ?
January 14, 2019 12:47PM
i ordered mine from hayden via this google groups thread [groups.google.com]. you can buy them with either printed ends or machined delrin ends. i went with the derlin ends, but people run the printed ones just fine. the delrin ends are more expensive.
January 14, 2019 01:40PM
Thank you. I found these arms :[www.blueeaglelabs.com] but I don't know if i should purchase them from this website or straight from Hayden through Google groups.
January 14, 2019 01:50PM
its up to you, they are both the same arms.
January 14, 2019 05:33PM
Thank you tolar250. Haydn will ship the arms tomorrow.
January 29, 2019 12:43PM
Hello to everyone. I'm almost done with getting the parts for my project. Tolar250 can you please tell me if you can print nylon, flexible filament with the Nimble ? It looks like Nimble is back in stock and I'm thinking to get one. I found this adapter for the Smart effector : [www.shapeways.com]
You are using the same adapter ?
Do you think the 950 mm drive cable it will be long enough for 1 m tall printer ?
I'm planning to have the Mini differential IR Height sensor and use a 40mm square x 10mm thick fan for cooling the print. Do you think Nimble adapter it will interfere with this setup ?
Thank you
January 29, 2019 12:53PM
yes i am using the same adapter. for the cable length i am unsure, you may want to join the zesty nimble forum (https://forum.zesty.tech/) and ask there. if you are using the the smart effector you do not need the mini IR sensor as the smart effector has a built in z probe.
January 29, 2019 01:14PM
Tolar250 thank you. Very good info. I'm looking for the motor for Nimble. From were you get the bracket for Nema ?
Thank you
January 29, 2019 01:18PM
the bracket came with the nimble.
January 29, 2019 01:22PM
Thank you
January 29, 2019 01:34PM
Which material you print the adapter for Nimble ?
January 29, 2019 01:38PM
i printed mine myself on another printer out of petg. if you are ordering from shapeways the natural versatile material should be fine.
January 29, 2019 01:51PM
Thank you. Placing the order right now.
January 29, 2019 05:53PM
alex773
I'm planning to have the Mini differential IR Height sensor...

If you are getting the Smart Effector, you don't need the IR Height Sensor. Using the nozzle to probe will be much better and less vulnerable to effector tilt. If you re gonna use one of the IR Boards, make sure it's as close to the nozzle as possible. I had mine kind of far away and couldn't get really good calibration. I'm moving to a nozzle probe now.
January 29, 2019 08:53PM
Thank you Fa-mas. In this case I'm not going to order the IR sensor.
February 14, 2019 03:13PM
I'm almost done with the base.
The hard part is coming : Wireing.
I'm still looking for someone or a place to print my main inlet front panel and PanelDue 7I screen case.
February 14, 2019 11:15PM
This is where i got so far. Could you please take a look on the wiring to see if I missed something.
Thank you.
February 15, 2019 05:38AM
I can see a possible wiring issue. It looks to me that you have line and neutral going to the switch from the mains inlet using black wires (one of them via the fuse), and the line and neutral outputs from the switch use red wires. But from the photo it looks like both of those red wires are connected to the same terminal of the terminal block, the second one from the left. So line and neutral are shorted together. Whereas the live wire from the switch should be connected to the third position from the left, which is the live feed to the PSU and SSR.

I'm guessing that you copied my wiring photo at [miscsolutions.files.wordpress.com]. I can see that in that photo, it's not clear where the brown wire from the switch goes. It goes to the 3rd terminal from the right, to connect to the other brown wires. I'll take a photo from a different angle when I next remove the bed from that printer.

if you do any more mains wiring then I suggest you use whatever the standard wiring colours are in your country for line, neutral and earth (ground). That's what I did, so in my photo the live wires are brown, the neutral wires blue, and the ground wires green/yellow.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2019 05:39AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 15, 2019 11:00AM
Thank you so much for your quick response . I will follow your steps and I will post it.
February 17, 2019 09:26PM
Done ( in the right way ).
Next Towers and the Bed.
February 19, 2019 10:13AM
Did you end up having the bottom plate I modeled cut? Just curious how it fit if you did get it cut.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2019 11:58AM by FA-MAS.
February 23, 2019 01:14PM
Hi FA-MAS. I did cut your bottom plate and it fit perfectly including the holes for legs.
Bill Kirkelie from pwjet cut it for me for $ 75 the bottom plate and $ 80 for Mic 6 bed. The 713 maker they never send me a quote.
Thank you and sorry for delay.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20190223_121245.jpg (269.8 KB)
February 23, 2019 01:29PM
This is where I got so far.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20190223_122428.jpg (346.1 KB)
open | download - IMG_20190223_122538.jpg (256.5 KB)
February 25, 2019 09:58AM
alex773
Hi FA-MAS. I did cut your bottom plate and it fit perfectly including the holes for legs.

Fantastic, it assembled just like I thought it would. What feet are those? I couldn't find anything like that but I'm needing feet too.
Also, what screws are those that you're using to attach the Robotdigg carriages to the bearing blocks. The heads are too big on those that I find.

Edit: Also, you might want to thread both holes on the bottom of your vertical 2040 and use that other hole I put there. I put those there to ensure the towers weren't rotated around the vertical axis at all. You'll definitely want to make sure those aren't rotated and that they're perpendicular to the bed. The rest of the lower triangle will adjust.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2019 12:15PM by FA-MAS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login