Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel Delta xxl build project HELP

Posted by alex773 
Re: Kossel Delta xxl build project HELP
November 11, 2020 11:37PM
I’d actually like to go with the seemecnc ball studs and trick laser rods. But it seems like trick laser doesn’t make them anymore?

My 3D Printing YouTube Channel
Better Living Through 3D Printing

Follow me on Instagram and Twitter
Instagram
Twitter
November 12, 2020 11:31AM
Trick Laser shut down their website. I don't know from where we can find their rods.
November 12, 2020 01:10PM
Yeah, I contacted them on Facebook. They don’t do it anymore.

Instagram
Twitter
November 12, 2020 07:11PM
Everybody replace the trick laser with the arms what we have. I don't know what other options are
November 23, 2020 12:32PM
I contacted Haydn, it seems there was a batch of magballs back in January that had an issue with the chrome wearing off. That’s about the time I replaced mine. I am noticing that this is happening with mine. Looks like when the chrome wears off, it creates an edge that wears away the cup end in the rod. I’m thinking of going with the 713maker adapter for the duet smart effector, the seemecnc aluminum ball joints and injection molded rods. I’m also thinking of contacting Trick Laser and seeing if they happen to have any new old stock.

But, check your magballs.

Instagram
Twitter
November 25, 2020 12:17AM
It looks like I have bad luck two times with Haydn arms and magballs. I'm ready to change my setup. If you contacting Trick Laser and If they happen to have some left overs new old stock let me know, I'm going to buy one or two sets. Last time when I checked 713maker adapter for Duet It was out of stock. Now they have it back in stock. This time I have one magball with the chrome wearing off. I will replace that one tomorrow morning. It will make no difference now because the magnet is wearing off on that arm
November 25, 2020 12:21AM
I did get a response from Trick Laser, he has 4 sets left which I bought 2. I contacted him on Facebook.

Also 713 maker put the Smart Effector Adapter back in stock when I asked if they’d make me one. I’m gonna burn through the magballs I have and those that Haydn sends me. Then I’m changing the setup.

Instagram
Twitter
November 25, 2020 02:41AM
Do you lubricate the magballs? I apply a little silicone grease every few months. The magballs on my printer have lasted years and show no sign of wear.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 25, 2020 10:06AM
I do, I’ve been using Super Lube Grease with PTFE. The bad magball thing was confirmed by Haydn, there was a batch back in January where the chrome flakes off.

Instagram
Twitter
November 25, 2020 11:02AM
I do use the Grease with PTFE on all ends. With the last set of arms I don't have more than 40 hours of printing.
I send an email to Brian last night for the arms but no answer from him yet
November 25, 2020 02:18PM
Brian is only selling the rod ends. We have to build the arms. I’m thinking it might be more accurate to get the 350mm injection molded arms from seemecnc. But I wanted to have the option for the Trick Laser ends.

Instagram
Twitter
November 25, 2020 07:20PM
I just ordered my ( 2 ) sets from Brian.
Thank you
December 17, 2020 11:37PM
I just ordered the Duet smart effector adaptor from 713Maker. There is something else what I need from 713maker for the new setup. I got the rod ends from Brian, thank you. Tomorrow I'm going to place the order from seemecnc
December 31, 2020 09:43AM
Yesterday In the middle of the print the printer stopped with this message. I turned it off and I checked the wiring for loose connection. Everything looks good. What do you think can cause this problem ? The hotend temperature is going up to 97 C degrees and it turns off

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2020 01:47PM by alex773.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20201231_084315.jpg (436.2 KB)
January 01, 2021 03:01AM
Have you tuned that heater?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 01, 2021 10:37AM
Yes I did, and everything was ok until now. I tried several times but I'm getting the same fault for the heater 1. The temperature is not going higher than 103C.
Thank you David
jcs
January 01, 2021 12:23PM
If you didn't change anything at all, could it be the room you're printing in is much colder? (like winter in your garage)

How does the temperature behave before it fails? Does the temperature rise steadily or does it stop or even glitch?

It's a good idea to have spare thermistors and heating elements, so if you don't already have them I'd order spares (or a replacement hot-end). Then you can swap them to fix or diagnose the problem. It pretty much has to be one of them or the wiring.
January 01, 2021 01:42PM
Thank you jcs for your input. I have the printer in my office and the temperature is around 23/24 C degrees. I started the print around 11 pm and when I woke up in the morning the print was half way done and I saw the message. I don't know how does the temperature behaved before it failed. I stopped the printer and checked out the wiring. Everything looked ok , then I turned on the hotend to 130 C degrees to start the calibration. The temperature was going up to 103 C degrees then it stopped with that message. I do have a spare thermistor and I'm planning to replace the old one. Is it possible for a thermistor to work just half way and stop heating ?
January 01, 2021 02:05PM
I’d be curious if it will reach and maintain temperature while the effector is stationary. I’d say if it does, and you only start to see issues when it starts moving, it might be an internal break in the wiring that you don’t see until it starts moving. Unless you’re seeing weird readings on the temperature, it’s probably on the water cartridge side. You might just swap out the wiring and maybe even the cartridge.

Instagram
Twitter
January 01, 2021 02:32PM
Thank you blt3dp. The effector is not moving at all. The temperature is going up with no problem until 103 C degrees, then it stops with the fault massage and the temperature is dropping to 23/24 C degrees. I don't see any weird readings on the temperature. I checked all the connections to the Duet, all of them. I will probably change the thermistor to see if it makes any difference
January 01, 2021 08:37PM
I just finished the installation of the new heater cartridge and now the temperature is going up to 152 C degrees than stops heating with this message : Heating fault on heater 1 , temperature rising much more slowly than expected 1.0°C/sec .
It was a pain to unscrew the grub screw for the cartridge. I have to disassemble the all hotend in order to get out the grub screw.
January 01, 2021 09:24PM
I replaced the old thermistor with a new one and the same results. I don't know what else to do.
January 01, 2021 10:06PM
Still have the silicone sock on the heater block? Nothing odd like a fan blowing directly on the block or nozzle or anything? If not, I would try doing a heater tune again.

Instagram
Twitter
January 01, 2021 10:38PM
After I replaced the cartridge and the thermistor I tried to heat up the hotend to 280°C to tighten up the nozzle . I did not have the print fans installed. You remember when I build the printer I did the PID tunning and since then I changed nothing on it. Is it possible to do the PID tunning even if the temperature is not going up more than 150°C ?
January 01, 2021 10:43PM
You wouldn’t think you’d have to if you hadn’t really changed anything. The new heater cartridge you installed is the right voltage? Eh 24v or 12v? Also I wonder if you might put a multimeter on the VDC voltage output from the power supply and try to heat it up. Maybe it’s a power supply issue where it can’t supply enough power anymore for some reason.

Instagram
Twitter
January 01, 2021 11:14PM
The old heater cartridge is 24v/ 30w. The new one is the same. I will check the power supply. When I check the power supply should I have the bed and the hotend on ?
January 01, 2021 11:32PM
I’d put the probes on the power supply voltage output and do exactly what you were doing. If it was just heating up to calibrate, do that.

Instagram
Twitter
January 01, 2021 11:35PM
Ok. I will do that and report back. Thank you
January 02, 2021 03:00AM
The tolerance on typical Chinese heater cartridges is very wide. You need to re-turn the heater after changing the cartridge, even if the new one has the same nominal power.

January 02, 2021 10:01AM
Thank you, David. I will do the heater tune after I'm done checking out all the connections, plugs, connectors, power supply, screws and install the print fans. The new heater cartridge is the yellow one who came with the Hemera.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login