Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta printer homing problems

Posted by Willmish 
Delta printer homing problems
February 02, 2019 02:55PM

Hi,
Im using Duet W v1.2.
around a month ago I encountered a weird behaviour, where my printer wouldn't home proparly (it was off by exactly 12 in X axis and -6.3 in Y axis) I noticed it, because after homing, the head moved slightly in one direction (there was a slight jump on one of the towers) initially i thought it was a mechanical error with one of the towers, but it turned out that this slight jump was caused by the command G1 X0 Y0 F2000, which should simply go to current absolute X0 Y0. I don't know why, but after homing (triggering at endstops, going down etc) it still thought it was at those coordinates(X12 Y-6.3). I have overwridden them using G92 X0 Y0. Question 1: What could possibly be causing it to think it's at those coordinates?

As expected, my printer started homing succesfully but not succesfully enough. After being homed, it still was a bit off compared to the bed -> when moved to 0.4 above the bed (around the thickness of a sheet of paper) and then moved to max Y and min Y there is an enormous difference in height between them (around 1mm!). X axis is fine. BUT after calibrating it, it moves normally (everything is perfectly even). All would have been fine, but as all of you probably know, 3D printers need to be homed before printing so each time i tried printing something it was once uneven.
Question 2: What can I possibly do to make it even after homing?
Attached files:
old homedelta.g (when it was homing 12 and -6.3 off)
new homedelta.g (with removed G1 X0 Y0 F2000 command and G92 X0 Y0 command added)
bed.g

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2019 05:31PM by Willmish.
Attachments:
open | download - bed.g (912 bytes)
open | download - new homedelta.g (541 bytes)
open | download - old homedelta.g (563 bytes)
Re: Delta printer homing problems
February 02, 2019 05:27PM
I already replied to your similar post on the duet3d forum.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Delta printer homing problems
February 02, 2019 05:30PM
Sorry, I posted to these two forums because I wanted to get a quick response. Should I delete it here?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login