Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanity check: custom build sizing

Posted by japhar81 
Sanity check: custom build sizing
March 18, 2019 03:58PM
Hello all, just joined after playing around with my old anycubic pulley for a while as I embark on my duet upgrade that has turned itself into a full-on rebuild. After playing the OpenSCAD calculator, the various excel sheets, and reminding myself of high-school geomery, I think I've got my sizing right, but was hoping the experts could sanity check me.. I'm planning on the following;

* Ultibots Corners (https://www.ultibots.com/deltabot-2040-metal-corners-set-black/)
* Openbuilds V-slot extrusions -- 500mm horizontal, 1000mm vertical
* V-slot gantries -- [openbuildspartstore.com]
* 360mm magball rods
* Duet smart effector

My math indicates that will work and give me a ~330mm print height, right around 20 degree angles, and room for a 250mm bed.. I've gotten a couple different results on this, so i was hoping someone could confirm I got my math right and this will work?

Thanks!
Re: Sanity check: custom build sizing
March 19, 2019 03:33AM
You can go a little bigger than that using 360mm arms and 1m vertical extrusions. Check out my delta build at [miscsolutions.wordpress.com]. I think the Ultibots vertices are the same as the Robotdigg ones that I used.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 19, 2019 10:28AM
Thanks! I was actually just reading your site last night! I have a couple questions if you dont mind;
1. your BOM lists a 750mm linear rail, but I believe you have room for at least an 800, if not a 900mm one? I am presuming it's because the carriages never need to go all the way to the bottom? Is that correct?
2. your BOM lists a motodis carriage from germany, then another one from robotdigg -- i can not seem to find either one, do you have a link by chance? yeah, so i just figured out that means shipping smiling smiley But where do you get your belt tensioners?

I suspect I'll be following your guide pretty closely, so I appreciate the help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2019 10:37AM by japhar81.
March 20, 2019 02:40AM
That's right, the carriages don't need to reach the bottom. In the "Making it larger" section I mention that the 750mm long linear rails would be OK with a vertical extrusion length up to 1.1m.

The carriages with integrated belt tensioners were from Robotdigg.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

March 20, 2019 05:12AM
Remember that your 330mm build height is only in the middle of the bed. Out towards the edges, you have somewhat less, depending on arm length and bed diameter.
March 20, 2019 01:16PM
frankvdh
Remember that your 330mm build height is only in the middle of the bed. Out towards the edges, you have somewhat less, depending on arm length and bed diameter.

Quite so. For my build (also 1m vertical extrusions, 360mm rods. Smart Effector and E3Dv6), it's 470mm at the centre and 420mm close to the towers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login