Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sintron Kossel Mini infill issues

Posted by burk 
Sintron Kossel Mini infill issues
August 13, 2019 05:12PM
Hello!

I built my first 3D printer a while ago, a Sintron Kossel Mini. It works OK but now I'm having some trouble with my infill. I've upgraded to Marlin 1.1.9 and I'm using Cura and Pronterface.

I'm currently tweaking speed/accel/jerk settings to try to get it to print well. On the part in the image, the outline prints quite well, but the infill looks bad. Any hints on what might be the issue? I've reduced the infill speed from 200mm/s to 120mm/s in Cura, while the print speed is 80mm/s. Maybe I need to reduce it even more?

I've also tried tweaking the retraction speed and distance. Now it's at 60mm/s and 3mm.

Some possibly relevant settings (I've attached the whole Configuration.h):

#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          { 200, 200, 200, 200 }

#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      { 1000, 1000, 1000, 2000 }

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          1000    // X, Y, Z and E acceleration for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION  2000    // E acceleration for retracts
#define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION   1000    // X, Y, Z acceleration for travel (non printing) moves

#define DEFAULT_XJERK                 10.0
#define DEFAULT_YJERK                 DEFAULT_XJERK
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK                 DEFAULT_XJERK // Must be same as XY for delta
#define DEFAULT_EJERK                  5.0

Best regards,
Burk
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (76.9 KB)
open | download - infill.jpg (194.5 KB)
Re: Sintron Kossel Mini infill issues
August 13, 2019 07:29PM
burk
Hello!

I built my first 3D printer a while ago, a Sintron Kossel Mini. It works OK but now I'm having some trouble with my infill. I've upgraded to Marlin 1.1.9 and I'm using Cura and Pronterface.

I'm currently tweaking speed/accel/jerk settings to try to get it to print well. On the part in the image, the outline prints quite well, but the infill looks bad. Any hints on what might be the issue? I've reduced the infill speed from 200mm/s to 120mm/s in Cura, while the print speed is 80mm/s. Maybe I need to reduce it even more?

I've also tried tweaking the retraction speed and distance. Now it's at 60mm/s and 3mm.

Some possibly relevant settings (I've attached the whole Configuration.h):

#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          { 200, 200, 200, 200 }

#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      { 1000, 1000, 1000, 2000 }

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          1000    // X, Y, Z and E acceleration for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION  2000    // E acceleration for retracts
#define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION   1000    // X, Y, Z acceleration for travel (non printing) moves

#define DEFAULT_XJERK                 10.0
#define DEFAULT_YJERK                 DEFAULT_XJERK
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK                 DEFAULT_XJERK // Must be same as XY for delta
#define DEFAULT_EJERK                  5.0

Best regards,
Burk

Most folks recommend that you go to 1.1.9BF, 1.1.9 has issues. I have not gone to either, I am on 1.1.8, so I do not know what those issues are...

However, I would revert all your jerk and acceleration settings to the original and look instead at your print temperature and print speed. You are under extruding. Most people print the infill faster than the outer layer because you don't really care what it looks like as long as it lays down well. Yours isn't. Either increase your temperature or decrease your print speed and see if that helps. When you find the temperature/speed that works well. Stay there. If you want to experiment to go faster, then make sure you keep your original file so you can get back to a working system again!

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login